“Love this trip!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love this trip!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was one of our most favorite excursions of all time! The boat was spotless and very luxurious. It is a full restaurant on the water! They use real glasses and silverware and outstanding service. My son and I did the "Discover Scuba" which made the day even more special. The boat took us to Honolua Bay and the water was clear and calm with lots of marine life. We would do this trip again and again!!!

Visited August 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great sunset cocktail cruise”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went on the Hula Girl catamaran for a sunset cocktail cruise and loved it. They picked us up right on the beach in front of Whaler's Village in Kaanapali and dropped us off at the same place. The cruise was a good length - 1.5 to 2 hours (I can't quite remember exactly). They had great drinks - made very well (stiff shots if you wanted them) - and good appetizer-like food that was really filling. For us, it was enough of a meal to be our dinner.

There are steep stairs to get to the bathrooms - almost ladder-like. Be prepared if you have challenges with that type of thing.

Going out along the coastline was beautiful, there was plenty of room to spread out on the boat, comfy seating, places with wind protection if you wanted it or front of the boat with full nature all around if you wanted that instead. We saw a beautiful rainbow over land. On the way back, the captain spotted some dolphins and saile alongside them for a while, clearly out of his way but we all loved it and the crew were excited enough that it seemed that wasn't a common occurence.

I would highly recommend this as a sunset cocktail cruise!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Oahulady
Sacramento, CA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful Boat - Totally worth it”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We took a whale watching trip on Hula girl at the recomendation of a friend. It is a beautiful boat, definitely the nicest boat I have been on in Hawaii and that says a lot as I have been on many snorkeling trips, sunset sails.. etc... One thing that is different about this boat is that food and drinks are available for purchase. It is definitely more of an elegent experience as compared with the boats catered towards the masses. I would recommend more for couples and families with older children at least for the cruise we went on. We saw multiple pods of whales on our trip and it was totally worth the cost. I will definitely book with Hula Girl again when I return to Maui next time perhaps for a snorkeling trip.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank margaret68sf
Newark, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Simply splendid”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just sailed the Hula girl last evening, the forth of July and loved it. I did get pretty wet boarding the boat so bring a change of clothing just incase. They did appoogize several times and provided me with a towel to dry off. Once we set sail my briefs were dry in no time. The sail was gorgeous and the crew was great. They really do a nice job keeping the Hula Girl in pristine condition. It is a newer boat and the best of the best. We did see bottlenose dolphin, a beautiful Maui rainbow and gorgeous coastline.
The food was some of the best we have had thust far. We enjoyed surf and turf which was very delich. The salad and appetizers were very good as well. We finished up with the firework show in Lahiana and a variety of cakes including lava cake.
Just a tip, bring a sweater or sweat shirt for night sailing since it can be a little cooler and you may get a light shower.
This trip will be one of your many highlights to paradise in Maui.

1 Thank Howlongtowegetthere
Malibu, CA
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Nice People, Good Food, Reasonable Price”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have visited Maui close to 20 times through the years. In the past few we have watched the Hula Girl Sail by our condo. Finally we decided to book a sunset sail. They had to cancel the first day because of questionable weather (which I appreciated). We sailed 2 days later and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, uncrowded boat, good food (we just ordered what we wanted, no pressure), my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of wine and snacks at our own table. The facilities were clean and tidy and the staff very friendly and accomodating. Since the cruise left at 5, we had the whole day to enjoy prior to the boat ride and it was a couple of hours so very comfortable. I would recommend this cruise highly.

Visited June 2012