“Great Spa Day”
Review of Maui Zen Day Spa

Maui Zen Day Spa
Ranked #5 of 35 Spas & Wellness in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Zen Day Spa is your serene retreat in the heart of Lahaina. Enjoy top quality massage and facials without the resort price. The Signature Zen Massage combines Hawaiian, Asian and European techniques for ultimate relaxation. We also offer Lomi Lomi Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, Shiatsu Facial Massage, Body Scrubs and acupuncture. Additional esthetic services in our Wailea Gateway Center location. Come in with jet lag and emerge in vacation mode! Call or book online at our website.
Escondido, California
“Great Spa Day”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I really enjoyed my massage & facial! I have gone to spas all over the world and Tomoko gave me the best massage I have ever had. I walked out feeling amazing. The Maui Zen Day Spa is clean and attractive with a friendly and professional staff. If you are looking for the spa "experience" with steam rooms, hot tubs, dressing rooms, etc. then this is not the place for you. If however, you are looking for excellent services at a great price you will enjoy your afternoon of pampering. I will definately be returning every time I visit Maui.

Visited October 2011
MauiZenSpa, Owner at Maui Zen Day Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thanks for taking time to write this review. You have really zeroed in on our focus areas - provide the absolute best services in a lovely and inviting environment. We'd love to see you again on your future visits to Maui. Please do let us know when you return that you had left this review. Thanks again - Virginia Lacker

Schaffhausen, Switzerland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One of the best massages ever!”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I had been referred to the Westin and Four Seasons for a massage but did not like that they only gave a 50 minute massage. I read reviews on this site and the price was very fair for a 60 minute massage at Maui Zen. I had Becky as my therapist and it was one of my best massages ever! I usually get a massage every month or so and knew what I wanted and Becky was 100% right on for just the right amount of pressure and style. She even gave me some information on various types of different massages in case I wanted to try them later. I would definitely recommend Becky and this spa for any massage or spa treatment. They are true professionals and do not nickle and dime you!

Visited October 2011
MauiZenSpa, Owner at Maui Zen Day Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you! Becki and all our staff work hard to bring the best value and best results. I love that you recognized her skills and the concern she has to make your visit to Maui Zen a great experience. It feels great to be appreciated! Thanks again - Virginia Lacker
New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Best massage treatment ever! Wabi Sabi was awesome & tremendous value!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Wabi Sabi pkg was awesome! Becky was the best therapist ever (and I have been to the fancy expensive places also). I had some 'trouble' areas that she zoned in on and felt amazing for rest of week. I wish I had time to go back, as it would have been well worth it.
Definitely will visit this spa on our next visit to Maui.

Visited September 2011
MauiZenSpa, Owner at Maui Zen Day Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Thanks so much for the compliments. The Wabi Sabi package is definitely one of our most appreciated treatments. It covers you head to toe with the Shiatsu facial, full body massage and foot reflexology. Every single part of you gets just enough attention all packed into 90 minutes. And yes, Becki is another of our truly wonderful therapists. Our fabulous staff is the best! Thanks again - Virginia Lacker
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great value and great service”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Great service and value with a personal touch. I enjoyed a 90 minute massage and a 20min cold stone face massage for less than $200. My therapist was very professional and attentive. The facility is pretty small yet comfy. I think there are only 3 massage rooms.

Pros: great value compared to the resort spas. prices were very reasonable. A 90 minute massage was $125. A nice personal touch as well. free parking. good location with near by shops and restaurants.

Cons: the location is on a main street so the noise can be a little distracting. The lighting in my massage room was fairly bright. If you are sensitive to this, request a back room. To help with the lighting, my therapist placed a towel over my eyes . The long window along the walls allows in too much light. The window a/c unit located in my massage room added to the noise. There is no restroom inside the spa but a key is available to use the restroom immediately around the corner.

The staff was amazing. The experience was great, as was the price. Overall, my experience was very good. I would have scored the facility a 5, but the lighting, noise from the street and window a/c, and not having a restroom inside the spa was a small set back. All in all, I will return with my girlfriends and spouse.

Visited September 2011
MauiZenSpa, Owner at Maui Zen Day Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thanks for taking time to review Maui Zen. Our staff is a really special group - full of talent and aloha.

To clarify for readers, the restrooms are in our building, just not in our suite. You won't be walking outside on the street.

Just one of our 4 treatment rooms faces the street. We will be happy to accommodate you in another room when you come back. Just ask when you book the appointment.

And I do hope that the therapist actually used one of our sweet lttle herbal eye pillows and not a towel to cover your eyes. I'll follow up on that.

Thanks again - Virginia Lacker
Warrenville, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Facial by Sheryl”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was in Maui this week and had a facial by Sheryl. This was a great facial; totally relaxing and my skin still feels wonderful. The price was more reasonable then any other spa in Maui. I have already recommended this place to a couple of my friends who are Maui regulars.

Visited September 2011
MauiZenSpa, Owner at Maui Zen Day Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thanks for taking time to review Maui Zen, especially to compliment our fabulous facials. The organic skincare line we use is especially nourishing and hydrating. Your skin really needs the extra care and attention with all the sun exposure on a Maui vacation. Thanks again - Virginia Lacker