$321
$305
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $351/night.

$258
$229
$341
$299
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
Aston Kaanapali Shores(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$212
$185
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$236
$230
$385
$359
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$229
$385
Cancelon
$955
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,206/night.

3,408 results
All reviewskonea towerduke's restaurantaina marketgourmet marketsewage plantbosch appliancesfull kitchenocean viewthrough vrbokaanapali beach rentalsevery other daywasher and dryertimes marketquiet poolgrocery storehigh end appliancesunderground parking
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have just returned from a March break 2014, vacation, staying in Hokulani Tower, oceanfront room 201.

This is a massive and beautiful unit which we reserved through VRBO with the owner, Anne. The whole experience, from initial contact with the owner, through to our departure on 16th March was high quality, professional and courteous.

The unit and resort are simply stunning, and if you are looking for a special holiday, this is a location which you must consider. We were blessed with good weather, and our entire family loved the experience.

The unit and resort are impeccably clean, amenities and pool are in great condition and well maintained, and the grounds are spectacular.

Onsite restaurant Dukes is good, but reserve early if you want to be seated at the time you want. This is a good sign though....... the restaurant is busy, and this is a sign that it offers good quality.

The only recommendations I would make to any prospective renter are, 1) request a mid-week clean and towel/laundry swap out, and 2) buy those little rubber soled beach shoes first day, as the coral on the beach is sharp. Hardly complaints, but worth considering.

We would return.

3  Thank Michael P
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We got a package deal through Costco which was quite affordable for the quality of the resort. We flew with our. 7 month old daughter. I was looking for a comfortable resort with a few more amenities then a hotel knowing that we'd have to stick around for naps. This was a perfect place!

The lobby was beautiful and clean, staff was friendly, the concierge service was very helpful and helped us set up a fabulous valentines day sunset cruise and babysitting for our little one. Our room was a very nice mountain view one bedroom room. The view was slightly obstructed by part if the building but still nice. The kitchen had all the cooking tools we needed and nice appliances. No complaints about the room! When in the hallway you could hear kids in other rooms- but the rooms are insulated enough that we never heard anything- hopefully it was the same for the neighbors as our daughter had a hard time napping...

The three pools were so much fun with the rock work, jacuzees and water slide. It was nice that you could order drinks and food from Dukes while by the pool- however I felt that it was very expensive for mediocre food and weak drinks ... The gym at the resort was nice and I lived the daily coy feeding- so much fun for the kids!

When researching hotels the few complains I read about the honua Kai was the smell and wind... I never noticed a smell at all. It did get windy at the beach during certain parts of the day but never horrible. Slight annoyance but I've been in much worse! The green sea turtles all over the beach were so fun to watch- that and the whales! I spent a whole afternoon sitting on the beach with binoculars watching them flip around!

Couple of tips:
-renting beach/pool stuff at the resort is considerably more expensive then just going to one of the nearby surf shops.
-the on site coffee shop is expensive but had amazing paninis!
- if u have a little one- they charge for the use of a crib- 50$ for a week and I was not told about the extra charge before hand.... First hotel I've been in that has charged for one of those .

Overall great resort, great experience! We would definately go back next time we go to maui!

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Allison K
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed in a 3 br, ocean view, top floor, room 749 in March, 2014. This resort is top notch. Total luxury! The front desk staff does lack charisma, but make it past her (2 different ladies, both very bland) and you will NOT be disappointed! Our 3 bedroom had a fully stock kitchen, 3 bathrooms, washer and dryer. Each bedroom had their own TV. Surround sound stereo in every room with a control station in every room. Decorated very upscale and current. The on-site restaurant is rated #1 in this area. Very good!!!! Beach rental hut was very helpful, reasonable and friendly. The beach area is one of the nicest and sandiest in the area as well. Several pools with hot-tubs. Family friendly and romantic all the same! I would def recommend this resort for your next stay. Our friends cancelled their reservation at the Aston and moved over to the Honua Kai because of the vast difference is size, comfort and beauty. The view was AMAZING!!!! We saw whales right from the lanai!!! Did I mention the full sliding deck doors that open up to the full size of the living room? AMAZING!!!! We were totally satisfied, and overwhelmed with beauty.

Room Tip: I would choose a room higher up for better view of the ocean
1  Thank lovetovacay
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Honua Kai is the perfect place to stay! We rented straight through the resort and had no problems whatsoever. I called the front desk once to request assistance with resetting our air conditioning and within 10 minutes, we had 2 different maintenance technicians to assist us.
Front desk check in was a breeze! All staff in the resort were friendly and eager to assist.

I've read several reviews about how crowded the pools and beach were, but I found that to not be true at all.
Of course my trip to Paradise flew by in an instant, but I am eagerly planning for a return trip! I would definitely stay at Honua Kai again and will certainly recommend to all other travelers!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of the mountains! 300 acre coffee farm off to a distance. My father in law had a studio which provided partial view of mountains and ocean, but mostly showed the empty construction lot.
1  Thank tsm1969
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Once again, our visit to Honau Kai did not disappoint! This was our third time to stay at the resort.
However, this condo was rented thru an owner and not the resort. Unit 609 was terrific - well appointed, clean and the view cannot be believed. We were able to see the whales breaching all the time! Another couple stayed with us and all four of us had plenty of room - both privacy and joint entertainment. The amenities of the resort are really good, but the best is Dukes! From drinks the evening of our arrival to Eggs Benedict the day of departure, all great!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple