Honua Kai Resort & Spa
$451
$379
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$315
$245
$335
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $372/night.

$355
$699
Westin.com
$364
Hotelpower.com
3,363 results
All reviewskonea towerduke's restaurantaina marketgourmet marketbosch appliancesfull kitchensewage treatment plantocean viewthrough vrbokaanapali beach rentalsevery other daywasher and dryertimes marketquiet poolgrocery storehigh end appliancesunderground parking
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We recently returned from a one week stay at the Honua Kai. Four of us stayed in a two-bedroom ocean-view condo. Loved the large patio, updated amenities and proximity to Dukes. And, the ocean view was even better than we expected!

The Hanua Kai is close to Whaler's Village and Lahaina so there's plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Also we enjoyed the beautiful beach and boardwalk.There were more children than I expected but it wasn't too bad.

My very minor complaints would be the heavy comforter on the bed. They were too heavy and hot for a tropical climate. When I inquired about obtaining a blanket at the front desk they said that they did not have any. I wish that hotels would move away from this trend as the comforters are not very functional in warm climates.

My other minor complaint is that when we booked a dinner cruise through the hotel we were not informed that you must wade through water to board the boat. Several in our group wore pants got a little soaked when boarding.

Room Tip: 405 was fantastic!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tmain1
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We like a suite when we travel. The condos were great with high-end appliances, chef's kitchen with granite counter tops, washer and dryer in the condo, large flat screen TV's in the living room and bedrooms, decks off the living room and bedroom with a fabulous whitewater ocean view. The manager had a meet and greet party the first night we arrived with wine, Hors d'oeuvre's, cheese and crackers. The restaurant on the property is fantastic...beautiful grounds and beach. GREAT LOCATION!!! Look forward to going back soon... for a nice relaxing vacation. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria A
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is an amazing place, I loved it, i visited on our honeymoon, the property is right in front of the beach, the pool is very nice and has a restaurant bar and grills you can use near by. The amenities are great, new appliances, rooms are very spacious and the bathroom is very comfortable and spacious, the rooms have washing machines and dryers also. There are only good things to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: There is a grocery store near by where you can purchase goods and use the in room kitchen
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 604,847
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pros:
Great Location
Very family orientated
Very nice, spacious, fully furnished suites
Very quick response for maintenance issues
Has mostly everything you need
Relatively quiet
Beautiful, well-maintained resort
Many pools and spas
Great access to beach
Good quality appliances
Lots of parking

Cons:
No business center (ie: no computer you could use to check your email, or print out a letter)
No Pay-per-view (had to rely on dvds that you get elsewhere)
No on-sight dvd rental service (there was a dvd rental place across the street, however (10-min walk))
Need a car to go exploring
Did not have a high-chair available for babies
Resort was a drive away from many tourist shops (like Whaler's Village) (there were several shops across the street, but not places suitable for hanging out for a few hours)

I had my family reunion at this resort with 8 adults and 4 children. This suite I rented was more of an apartment than a hotel suite per say. (I believe my apartment had an owner somewhere - not the Honua Kai. But Honua Kai managed and serviced everything). I have no real complaints about this place. I would certainly consider staying here again. Definitely rent a car if you want to explore Maui or do a lot of activities. Bring a bunch of dvds if you like to watch movies (or rent some from a near-by store). I went here off-peak season, so I had no problems getting help from the concierge or maintenance staff. The price was also not crazy, compared to other places. Staff was mostly friendly. You could organize many activities from within the resort. Overall, the Honua Kai is a very good quality resort that you should consider if you're coming to Maui.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WillK531
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just came back from our Holulu & Maui 10 days vacation. We stayed at this property for 5 nights. There are three criteria in choosing a place to stay in Maui : 1) Must be clean ( = newer the better , since I have a cockroach phobia ) 2) Right on the beach 3) Multiple pools good for small children. This property met all these and we were quite happy staying there. Our unit was #646 and we rent thru Rainbow Chase. They are very organized ! The Lanai is the best thing about this property is the Lanai !!! The foldable doors make it possible to have "outdoor dining area " and the dark colored screen doors ( they are also foldable ) are great to keep the direct sun light and bugs away. The full size bath tub really helped giving relaxating time .
The only thing I did not like was the laundry machine --- small and not powerful enough.

The deli has a good secection of food items : they are generally a little pricy but I had one of the best croissants from there. We had one breakfast, one dinner ( take out ) and one lunch at Duke. Their food was excellent except the lunch and the dinner menu were the same.

There is a mall with "Times" supermarket just across from the property. Very convenient.

Lastly, the reason I did not rate this property with 5 starts is ... we like snorkeling and the the beach was not the best snorkeling spot in Maui.... However, you can drive to Black Rock ( Sheraon Hotel area ) , Kapalua Beach ( 10 minutes to the north ), Napili beach easily from here.

Room Tip: I spent so much time and effort to find the best unit for me. #646 gives good ocean view. This might help to choose the unit which suits your needs. http://www.honua-kaanapali-maui.com/maps/images/hokulani_konea_04.png
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family