“Absolutely delicious!”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 26 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: Fast Food, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I didn't know I liked shaved ice until I came here! I let my husband order and I was just going to try a bite of his- I ate nearly half of it! The mango was my favorite flavor, but he enjoyed the guava and passion fruit just as much. The staff there was also super friendly. They talked with us while they prepared our shaved ice and seemed like fun, laid back people. There was a sign saying that if we came to a "white/unflavored" part of the shaved ice that we only had to come back up to the window (ahead of the line!) and they would add more flavoring for free! (We didn't need to use that though, as ours was sufficiently doused!) Great service and a great product!

Visited August 2014

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Edmonton
“As good as advertised”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

This place really is as great as all these reviews say. We went here at least 4 or 5 times during our trip to Maui. I didn't think there could be that much of a difference between shaved ice joints but with the selection of flavours, available addons, and amazing taste, this place is far superior to other spots on Maui.
Unfortunately you have to expect some fairly long lineups since everyone knows how good this place is. Your patience will be well worth it though.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Very good”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

The service was excellent and his suggestions turned out to be spot on, also have solid ice cream, good family place to visit

1 Thank dvond
“Nice dessert”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I had the pineapple/passion/strawberry combo and that was great. Everyone should try that in Maui at least once. I suggest as a desert after eating at LahainaLuna cafe.

Visited August 2014
San Jose, CA
“Loved sharing a shave ice experience for the first time!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My nephew had never had a shave ice so we took him to Ululani's and he fell in love just like we had. We had the rainbow but I just don't think you can go wrong. There is just no ice in california that I've found with this powdery melt in your mouth consistency. They must have magic shaver machines to get it this fluffy and not gritty at all! :) GO THERE!!!!!

• Visited August 2014