“Homemade syrups & ultra-fine shaved ice = perfection!”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 25 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Syrups are made on site with fresh ingredients, there isn't a chemical aftertaste at all. This is the best shaved ice I've EVER had. Try it...you'll like it! If anyone knows of a place this good in Los Angeles please post the name!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,226)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Who knew shave ice would be something to rave about? Coming from CA, I'm no stranger to snow cones/shave ice, but this was something else entirely! The water used was so good, the ice shaved so fine it was like powder, the syrups were actually puréed fruit...amazing! It was like eating sherbet. We had ours as a last stop before going to the airport in Kahului. Servers were so friendly! Do not leave Maui without trying this...remember not all shave ice is created equal!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The ice has the texture of freshly fallen snow. The tropical flavors are delicious, but the Thai iced tea topping made for one of the best deserts of my life, and I have a Very big sweet tooth. I will be dreaming of this for years to come. The manager even came out to see how we liked it. If you hit a spot without flavoring, and I did, you go to the very front of the line to get some more free flavoring.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

No better shave ice anywhere! Portions are huge....ice is like snow...and flavors are amazing! When I was a kid I ate ice cream in Lahaina - now my family eats Ululani's shave ice! So good! Don't miss it!

1  Thank travelgalTN
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lots of people have said it and I can't disagree; this must be the best shave ice in Maui. The line can be long, but hang in there. We got the Sunset (a POG-like concoction of passion fruit, guava, etc.). The flavors were fruity and permeated the ice, but didn't make a sticky-sweet puddle in the bottom of the cup. They advertise that if you have any white ice inside your cone, skip to the front of the line and they'll load you up with more syrup. The secret to the deliciousness is partly the fresh fruity flavors and partly the ice cream inside and under the ice. Genius!
Only negatives - 1) it isn't cheap 2) it seems a shame to throw away that flower-shaped plastic bowl; couldn't they recycle those?