“BEST shave ice”

Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have a hard time calling anything the BEST ___ I've ever eaten, but Ululani's is the BEST shave ice we have ever had. The "syrup" tasted like real fruit (I think they might have actually cooked real fruit to use as the topping). Don't let the long line scare you, it's definitely worth the wait!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,335)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We read the reviews and stopped by today after a snorkeling trip. Got the snow capped Lahaina mix (coconut, pineapple, and banana) which was delicious. If this place was in the states I would have this tasty treat often even though I am not really a dessert guy.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Wow. This shaved ice and ice cream was delish. I would go into further detail but then you would be jealous. Stopping for this should be on the must do list

Reviewed July 7, 2014

please reviewers that claim there are 'better places around' please name them.......I live on maui and please back up your claims............
ululani's has great syrups and the ice is perfect.........they are packed espcially in the summer months.......if you go a 9 pm I'm sure the staff is getting a bit tired by them.......cut them some slack.........
some people don't get the shave ice thing..........living here for a long time you 'get it'

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The lines can be long, but it's worth being patient. Ululani's has the best shave ice you'll ever taste. It's tempting to get the large, but the small will probably get the job done. I was surprised at how full I got from ice. Great product, fun service.