“Mochi on Shaved Ice...Yes, Please!”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 23 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Brooklyn, New York
“Mochi on Shaved Ice...Yes, Please!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I wasn't aware of such things. I just got the small with three flavors: Cherry, Blue Raspberry and Kiwi. The Kiwi flavor was okay but the cherry and blue raspberry were awesome! But then my niece came along and ordered mochi as a topping. Mind blown. You can also get an array of toppings if that is your thing. Unbelievable. Not to mention, my server was charming as hell. She asked me where I was from, how my trip had been so far, what kind of shaved ice guy was I and on and on. Very friendly, helpful and adorable. I would go every day if I could.

• Visited June 2014

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Monument, Colorado
“Yum”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Many toppings are made with real fruit. We loved it. Mango, watermelon, cherry and pineapple were our favorites. Make sure to get a. Frequent eater card. As it is located in Lihania, We didn't think we would return but we returned 3 times!!
Servers were happy and helpful.

• Visited June 2014
Jeffersonville, IN
“Went three times in seven days...Enough said.”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this place. We went three times in our week long stay on Maui, and every time is was amazing. This shave ice is unlike anything I have ever had – almost the consistency of ice cream. So delicious. Super friendly employees. You gotta try, you will be hooked!

• Visited May 2014
Newark, CA
“Shave Ice at its Best”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Not that you need another rave to convince you, but this truly is deserving of all the accolades. You've got to love shave ice to appreciate the loveliness in this version: soft snow ice, real fruits in flavor syrups, and the perfect combo variations with add-ons. I only wish it would open one in Oahu since I don't get to travel to Maui as often as Oahu. I still dream about this shave ice....my favorites are the lychee, passion fruit, with ice cream and red beans. With each bite I take I'm reminded that life is good.

• Visited October 2013
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Real shave ice!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a great after dinner treat for my nephew, niece and me! We each got a different flavor and YUM I could eat that every day. I got a 3 flavored combo called the Lahaina and it was awesome. One of my goals when I visited Maui was to get a real shave ice and this place should be a must try on everyone's Lahaina to do list. They also had add on's (like getting a scoop of mac nut ice cream in the bottom) which my nephew LOVED! If you find yourself on Front St., walk over and try one. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2014