“Awesome treat, great friendly service”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were in Hawaii and I was trying to find something that my son could have as he has a nut allergy. I emailed them and they let me know that the sauces were nut free, so we went and gave them a try. My son loved it.....to him it was the ice cream he could not have. Especially with how hot it was in Hawaii, nice to have a cool treat. They also have locations in Keihi, which we also went to.

1  Thank Amy G
Write a ReviewReviews (3,247)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I drug my husband here on the first day of our trip. He didn't order anything because he lived on Oahu for ten years and was not impressed with shave ice. He tried mine and then proceeded to gobble it down. We went everyday of our vacation and my mouth waters at the thought!

The local staff definitely prepare it the best (lots of juice)...the main lander staff always left white ice.

1  Thank Mashel2811
Reviewed March 25, 2014

After being dragged here by my son on the first day of our trip, it became a daily ritual (yes, they have a frequent buyer card and yes, we qualified for a free shave ice in no time.) A yummy and refreshing dessert and the friendliest staff you'll meet ANYWHERE. Do not miss this.

1  Thank Lumumba
Reviewed March 23, 2014

It was the first time I had shaved ice and was a lucky draw that I ended up at Ululani's! Don't leave Maui without a try!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

went to all the locations on the Maui, trying to fill the punch card when you buy 10 and get 1 free.

Love the Calamansi and Passionfruit flavor.
my daughter loved the Root Beer float.