“Like eating sweetened snow!”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #2 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Lahaina, Hawaii, United States
“Like eating sweetened snow!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Let me start this review to say I am not a big shave ice fan. I like it well enough on a hot day when there isn't any other choice, but if I could have a milk shake or Frappuccino - typically my usual preference.

The one single exception to that comment is Ululani's - the ice is soft as snow, the syrups all hand- made and so very good. And the variety of syrups is spectacular - enough to please any palate. And if you also an ice cream fan add a scoop of ice cream (all made on Maui) under the ice or simple do what I do and get a snow cap on top (this is cream-based syrup they pour on top of any flavor) turns the shave ice into bliss!

Nothing is better than walking around Lahaina on a warm day/night - very refreshing and satisfying!

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“The best treat you can get on Maui.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This was such an amazon little shop. There are two of them on front street, to handle long line overflow. The flavors are totally amazing and truly gourmet. The ice with the cream and flavors ends up tasting more like ice cream than a snow cone. It was my favorite dessert I had on Maui, I wish I could get one everyday.
Service is great, portions are worth the money. All around, #1 must try dessert/treat on Maui.

College Station, Texas
“Best Shave Ice in the US”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

There's no place I've ever tried Shave ice/Snow Cones better than Ululani's! Their way of only taking the lightest ice and chilling the flavorings makes it truly the best. We got home after eating it daily for two weeks and of course the first thing we wanted when we got home was shave is, so we went o Bahama Bucks.

Yuck, I'm now spoiled. Threw away the Bahama bucks after about 5 bites, it was like eating a popsicle versus shave ice! They do use the same shaver but Bucks doesn't refridgerate the syrup so it melts the ice and makes it heavy and hard.

Love my Ululani's!!!! Party in the mouth, favorite flavor.

San Diego, California, United States
“Amazing...”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Never though shave ice could be a creamy texture but this was superb. Best we have had. Long lines but worth the wait.

Visited August 2013
Anniston, Alabama
“This many people can't be wrong”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's #1 on here for a reason. We had to look this place up on our trip and we were not disappointed. The service was as good as the shaved ice. The place was not crowded at all. They took their time and recommend places to go and things to do. This place is the real deal. All these reviews should indicate a safe bet.

• Visited October 2012