“Yummy.”

Ranked #2 of 24 Dessert in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Soo good, we can not get enough.
No need to add ice cream for $ 1, small portion barely some full scoop. Our favorite flavor, mango, passion fruit, and coconuts.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,245)

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We use to get shave ice all the time when I was younger. Haven't had any for years. This shave ice really caught me off guard. I was not expecting it to be that good. Lots of flavors to choose from. Great friendly girl from D.C. Helped us

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently visited all the main islands of Hawaii and set out to find the best shaved ice. Based on our experience, this was easily and clearly the absolute best. Better even that Matsumoto's on Oahu.

The ice is almost cream like. Service was fast and friendly and prices were reasonable.

We were very impressed and just wish we were able to go back.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

No trip to Hawaii is complete without having shave ice. Knowing that not all shave ice is the same since I was not impressed years ago after having some unknown one in Waikiki, I researched this on TA and had to find Ululani’s after all the raves. Since it was so hot, I asked a few people on Front St. to be sure I was walking in the right direction. I am thrilled to report that a cup of Ululani’s is well worth the walk in the hot afternoon sun. There are two on Front Street. We only wish there were more branches of them elsewhere in Hawaii.

After sampling Ululani’s, others we saw on Oahu pale in comparison by sight only. To be fair, we didn’t get to go to the north shore to sample the other well respected shave ice, Matsumoto’s, but the ones we did see looked like snow cones one can get on the mainland—with coarse ice crystals and not a lot of syrup. Ululani’s is smooth from top to bottom. The small size is pretty large. I wanted to be a purist and just have the ice, but next time, I’ll try it with the ice cream on the bottom.

The servers are friendly and helpful. Flavors are plentiful—even though they can be combined, it’s hard to choose from so many options.

1  Thank wanderlustcrazy2
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having read the rave reviews about this place in various publications, we sought out this specific Hawaiian shave ice location. It was worth it. By far the smoothest shaved ice we have ever had. Most flavors were great, a few were only so so. I would suggest that you sample a flavor of anything that you want to make sure it is going to taste as you expect. We were surprised that this stand didn't open until 11:00. Given the fact that this area is very warm and humid, an early morning opening would make more sense to me.