1,526 results
All reviews mauka makai bedroom villa photography session cultural center pool bar resort view full kitchen master bathroom beautiful resort parking garage shuttle service kids club time share main pool timeshare presentation family vacation washer and dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Love this place! It is truly heaven. This is my second trip to this hotel and I can’t get enough. The staff is spectacular, the food is fabulous and the resort is absolutely breathtaking. If you enjoy the pool, make sure and stop by the Inu Pool Bar. Ask for Grigo as your server if possible. He is a dream. Such an amazing server and really took care of us. Get the beer can chicken, you won’t be sorry! Grab dinner at the Mauka Makai restaurant and don’t pass up the gnocchi. It is hard to describe how yummy it is as all the food is wonderful. You can also catch a great sunset. So many treasures in one location. Don’t pass this one by.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
NaneaGSM, Manager at The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aloha dana3372017,

Mahalo nui loa for your wonderful review of your recent stay here with us. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and your dining experiences at Mauka Makai. We look forward to the next time you visit us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First- the property and staff are phenomenal. Second- I work more than I should and needed to decompress and find my joy in life and "stoke" back. Joey Wyatt and the beachside rental equipment crew took great care of us. Having the right gear and the right advice can make or break your experience with any outdoor vacation outing. Swimming with turtles and exotic fish made me feel like the young boy who first fell in love with the ocean.

Aloha stoked4theocean,

Mahalo for your 5 star bubble review. We are so thrilled that you were able to experience joy and relaxation here at Nanea. We hope to have you visit us sometime soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m an owner and this is my home location. After our visit, I doubt I will ever return. I found the hospitality and professionalism of the Westin Resort hotel staff far better than the Nanea staff. I was disappointed in the communications; we weren’t advised about the pool reconstruction either in advance or when we checked in. I was outraged at the attitude of the pool bar staff; a full drink spill and was told “Act of God”. Mind you, this was only a $5 cup of lemonade, not a mixed drink. All I said when I went back to the bar was a suggestion to use more stable cups that go on the unstable wicker tables. I asked for nothing; merely made the suggestion. For the response I got, as beautiful as Nanea is, I never wanted to return. If I had not had guests, I would have asked to be moved to the far more friendly Westin Resort hotel.

Management gave me courtesy drink coupons; which, by the way, could only be used for only one select drink or smoothie. Couldn’t even get another lemonade!

We attended a special chef presentation on Thursday evening. It was great. But, we each were given $5 off drinks at the restaurant/pool bar. Nice, but when we tried to use them, not one person knew how to process in the payment system. Complete training and communications breakdown.

And, we were simply on a first time vacation at “our home property” with invited guests, my brother and his wife. We were told at check-in to visit the concierge desk for our “free welcome gifts”. We tried to talk to one of two un-busy concierge and were told we had to wait for the third busy concierge as she was “our” concierge. We declined. Two not busy but couldn’t help; idiotic!

We were encouraged to return in a later call and did. In the “offers” was an “Owner Update”. When carefully read, it was nothing more than another 90 minute pressure sales presentation. On my vacation?!? I think not! Lack of respect for an owner on their vacation. Absurd!

Here’s my final feeling. I would rather go to a hotel and be treated well than my owner’s home property. That’s simply a shame. So, in my opinion, don’t make Nanea your choice for ownership. Or, simply use your owner’s points, or your traded points for hotel points and go somewhere more friendly, organized, communicative or professional.

This was not a good overall experience. It’s beautiful (better when kids pool is not a pile of dirt) and could be so much better if some staff better trained or replaced. When we return to Maui (every year), we will go to Westin Resort hotel or to the Marriott in Wailea. Sad choice being “owners”. Too expensive for this experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Naneagsm2019, Front Office Manager at The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Mahalo for taking the time out to provide valuable feedback of your stay here with us. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. Rest assured your comments regarding staff service and pool enhancements have been shared with our respective departments. Thank you again for allowing us to address these concerns.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous stay here. The staff is courteous, grounds are well cared for, and rooms are great. We had an issue with our first room. Jade, at the front desk, went above & beyond. Thank you Jade, you made our stay even better. The views are amazing. Great Hawaiian atmosphere, including friendly geckos. There’s a great boardwalk between the neighboring hotels that perfect to get exercise or enjoy beach views. Beach yoga is fabulous. This hotel has a great set up for families too and even has child care for ages 5-12. The villas are stocked with what you need to cook youR own food & gas grills available too. Large bathrooms with stand alone tub. The cushioned pools chairs very cozy. Beach chairs are available. Chairs by the large pool fill up fast. More are located by the small pools in the back. Oversized checkers, chess, and Connect 4 & ping pong are located around the pond. Champagne brunch is a must! Don’t miss out on the sunset views.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Mahalo for your wonderful comments of your stay here with us. We are so pleased that Jade was able to provide you with excellent service during your stay, your positive feedback will be shared with her. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On of the best hotels I have ever been. The location it just perfect - it is on the sandy beach, that is wonderful for children to play in the clean and soft sand. The ocean in September was very warm and we spent a lot of time swimming. The waves gave a lot of fun for the children. And you can have the sunbeds and the umbrellas for the beach too. Next to the hotel is the quite big market.
The hotel's territory is quite big and very nice - the ponds with the Koi fishes, palms, flowers. There are some pools for the children - one with a sand, another like splash pool - our children loved both of them. And of course big pool for the adults to swim.
Rooms are fantastic! We booked one bedroom villa and get promoted with two bedroom villa with partial ocean view. Villas are really very specious - big bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, big living zone, and very big balcony, two big bathrooms. It was very useful that there was washer, dryer and dishwasher. And the washing supplies for them. That is very comfortable traveling with children as you always run out of clean clothes.
There are a lot if nice touches - like the nice Hawaiian music everywhere in the hotel's territory, when they ask about the cleaning time in case your children is sleeping for the day nap, they even have complimentary swimming diapers.
I liked the Freecycle toy box - where people when checking out can leave their children's sand toys or swimming toys for other children to enjoy. We borrowed some toys from this box and left some toys too.
The service in the hotel is amazing - at the restaurants, at the registration desk, the concierge desks - everywhere.
The breakfast is very good, the same every morning, but the variety is really big - you can have everything you need for the children - cereals, milk, yogurts, pancakes, waffles, french toast, fruits, pastries etc. And for adults there are a lot of food what to choose from. The dinner is very good to at the hotel's restaurant Mauka Makai.
We enjoyed staying there very much and we definitely will come back.

Room tip: Front rooms have ocean view, upper floors' rooms have nice view.
1  Thank irmaurbon

Aloha irmaurbon,

Mahalo nui loa for your fantastic review of your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the facilities of our property and our lovely spread of buffet breakfast at our Mauka Makai Restaurant. Should your travels bring you back to Maui, we hope you visit us again.