“Great service for first-timers”

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson, then help you improve, fast! First time surfers and athletes looking to improve performance are welcome.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Dallas, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great service for first-timers”
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We had a group of 7 with varying degrees of athletic abilities take surfing lessons at the Royal Hawaiian Surf Acedemy, and everybody had an absolute blast! The entire group got to stand and ride several waves thanks to helpful instruction and assistance from Josh and Zane. The waves off the Lahaina coast are perfect for beginners ... just big enough to give you a ride into the beach but small enough to not be intimidating. Our one regret at the end of our lesson was not having somebody on the shoreline to capture us in action; but Royal Hawaiian even had that covered with Ric taking fantastic digital pictures of the group which he sold to us at a very reasonable price. I would recommend this to anybody who's at least semi-athletic. It's the best value of anything that we did in our trip to Maui.

1 Thank gnjley

• Korean first
San Jose, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“We took surfing lessons from Josh at...”
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We took surfing lessons from Josh at Royal Hawaiian as a family. The instructions were thorough, easy to follow and we were all up on a wave on our first try! The location although a little crowded, was safe and unintimidating. For a first time surf experience we had a ball and would definitely try surfing again. My husband and I are in our 40's and we have a daughter 13 and a son 12. It was the perfect family activity. Josh was very knowledgable, fun but also concerned about safety. We all felt very comfortable with him in the water.

“Wow I had a great experience surfing with...”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Wow I had a great experience surfing with royal Hawaiian in kaanapoli!!! My instructor Benny was amazing! He was so patient and so helpful. He was so funny and taught me some very helpful tips. I got up within the first half hour I was very impressed! I look forward to surfing with Benny next year :)

palmdale
“Royal Hawaiian of Kaanapali!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My family nad i had the best experience getting surf lessons at Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy in Kaanapali. Bennie Martin was such a great instructor. he was very patient and so helpful! i recomend everyone to get surf lessons here and ask for bennie!! :)

“Best part of my trip!! This morning I...”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Best part of my trip!! This morning I was nervous and had no idea what I was getting myself onto before this memorable experience! Steve Bakers fun enthusiasim and easy approach to teaching not only made me feel save but taught me to how to surf and have a ton of fun! Thank you so much and I will definetly be back again!!!