“Don't choose anyone else! Royal Hawaiian Surf is the place to go.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson, then help you improve, fast! First time surfers and athletes looking to improve performance are welcome.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
California, United States
“Don't choose anyone else! Royal Hawaiian Surf is the place to go.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I can not say enough how much my husband and I love the staff here and the owner is so nice. We were in Maui a couple years ago. Took lessons with Ikaika and enjoyed it so much when we were back this year we took a refresher lesson with him again. We had a blast. My husband had so much fun we rented a board almost everyday so he could practice. I think we will be getting our own boards very soon. A great experience for both young and old. Try it you will have a blast! Be sure to get a photo cd from Ric or one of the other photographers as a keep sake.

Rancho Cucamonga
“Surfs Up!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a great experience for me. Dan & Josh were terrific instructors which made this the highlight of my vacation. I am busy at home now restoring an old VW bus to transport the surf board and wet suit that I purchased 2 weeks ago. Life changing experience for me. I highly recommend this place and instructors... Fun Fun Fun!

Visited May 2013
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had Josh as our instructor at the Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy. We booked a group tour at the end of September but we were upgraded to a private tour because we were the only ones booked that morning for a group tour :) Awesome!

Josh was really fun and informative. He was patient and very encouraging. We had a very good time!

Thanks again for a wonderful time! MAHALO!

Visited September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Dreyson was an awesome instructor! Our entire group did really well we caught 5-6 waves easily. We did not spend much time on land going over instructions, which is what I expected. But Dreyson gave us confidence that we all would do well- which meant more time in the water yay! The pictures they offered were amazing too! These guys have tons of experience and amazing customer service. I was very happy.

Brentwood, California, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Thanks to Josh and Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy - all 3 of my guys are now surfers. We paid for a small group private lesson for my hubby and 2 sons. Logan (13) and Bailey (10) both got up on their first waves. Josh was great helping to tow the kids out and helping them with the wave timing. He gave them a lot of good advice while in the water. My husband got up after 2 tries also. The kids had a blast and so far, it has been the highlight of our trip. The boys were even able to pull off a couple of tricks before the lesson was over. I would highly recommend lessons from Royal Hawaiian if you are looking to learn to surf in one lesson. I could see coming back later for a more advanced lesson as well.