“Catch a Wave”

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson, then help you improve, fast! First time surfers and athletes looking to improve performance are welcome.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We did this activity as a family, so we had two instructors for six people. The instructors were very patient and attentive. They clearly enjoyed surfing and were enthusiastic about teaching others. They were helpful in the water, and made getting up relatively straight-forward . My oldest son said he would now surf every day, if he could. I highly recommend the Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy. However, before you do this activity you must be aware that there are many other surf schools and many other newbies, and many of them are at the same beach as you are. So, despite the efforts of your safe and considerate instructors, you will be around others who are neither safe nor considerate. So, my surf school friends get a "5", but the area in which they have to work gets a "3".

1  Thank NLKspace

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Thanks Ikaika you did a great a job. He is one of the instructors there. We took the group lesson for 2 hours and we really did surf a wave. My son did great. Thanks again

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

An awesome way to learn how to surf. They made it super easy and they will get you up on your first or second wave. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Went there today with our group of 7.

Took a semi private lesson with 2 great instructors for our group ( Mike and Travis ... I am not sure about Travis's name, sorry ). Both were great.

Easy to find, easy to park, nice set-up facilities to change and get ready, great instructions. Decent pricing on the photographies.

All school seems to be doing their lesson pretty much in the same area which become a bit crowded. To bad they can't spread out to have more breeding room between the groups.

Go early ! We went at 10:30 and it was getting crowded !

One note to Royal : I know you are getting something back from Captain Jack restaurant for referring your clients there but you should refer somewhere else. If our experience with you was great, Capitain Jack was well below average.

Alain from monteal

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great surf school. I highly recommend it. My husband has surfed before, but our children and I never did until this trip. It was an awesome experience. My son's instructor, Evan, was so patient and fun, our son wanted to go back the next day and do it all again. I highly recommend this company. All the instructors seemed great, but Evan was wonderful. Also, the waves are perfect for beginners.