“Great Fun and We learned to Surf”

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.12*
and up
Group Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson! We accept all skill levels from first time non swimming surfers to intermediate and advanced surfers looking to improve their surfing or just looking for waves on Maui. Our NEW LOCATION is right near the beach we are surfing with great restaurants and bars near by! Please join us today by checking out our website or give us a call for a ROYAL HAWAIIAN SURF ACADEMY experience! MAHALO NUI!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great surf school. I highly recommend it. My husband has surfed before, but our children and I never did until this trip. It was an awesome experience. My son's instructor, Evan, was so patient and fun, our son wanted to go back the next day and do it all again. I highly recommend this company. All the instructors seemed great, but Evan was wonderful. Also, the waves are perfect for beginners.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"first timers"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked a private surf lesson through Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy for our 11 year old daughter and it definitely was worth every penny. Kea, her instructor was very patient and attentive. He had her surfing (and this was her first time) in a very short time.

They also offer group lessons, but it was nice for her to have the one-on-one guidance. Definitely would recommend using this company. They are flexible and easy to work with and everyone was so pleasant.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

These guys have a location just outside the Westin hotel. There are several different places to choose from on the path that runs in front of all of the hotels. Find these guys in front of the Westin. Everyone at this location was fantastic. Josh was the instructor for my two teenage kids. They loved him! The guys are very professional ,safe, and good instructors. I don't know if we got lucky but the waves were perfect the morning my kids took the surfing lessons. Josh is a great instructor and was constantly looking out for the safety of my kids and everyone around them.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a great time learning to surf. Both of us got up on waves numerous times. Kyle was a great teacher and I would definitely recommend this school to anyone wanting to learn to surf!