“Spectacular Experience”

and up
Group Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson! We accept all skill levels from first time non swimming surfers to intermediate and advanced surfers looking to improve their surfing or just looking for waves on Maui. Our NEW LOCATION is right near the beach we are surfing with great restaurants and bars near by! Please join us today by checking out our website or give us a call for a ROYAL HAWAIIAN SURF ACADEMY experience! MAHALO NUI!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked a private surf lesson through Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy for our 11 year old daughter and it definitely was worth every penny. Kea, her instructor was very patient and attentive. He had her surfing (and this was her first time) in a very short time.

They also offer group lessons, but it was nice for her to have the one-on-one guidance. Definitely would recommend using this company. They are flexible and easy to work with and everyone was so pleasant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"first timers"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

These guys have a location just outside the Westin hotel. There are several different places to choose from on the path that runs in front of all of the hotels. Find these guys in front of the Westin. Everyone at this location was fantastic. Josh was the instructor for my two teenage kids. They loved him! The guys are very professional ,safe, and good instructors. I don't know if we got lucky but the waves were perfect the morning my kids took the surfing lessons. Josh is a great instructor and was constantly looking out for the safety of my kids and everyone around them.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a great time learning to surf. Both of us got up on waves numerous times. Kyle was a great teacher and I would definitely recommend this school to anyone wanting to learn to surf!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I received a semi-private lesson as a gift from friends. It was amazing. Our instructor, Kyle, did a great job. We were both up and surfing in no time. I enjoyed the lesson and the opportunity to buy pictures at the end. I don't know how it compares to other schools, but we both enjoyed it and would come back for another lesson.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Well for starters I think that my experience could have been bettered by booking farther in advance. Seriously take the time to call maybe a week before and ask for a good instructor. We booked the day before and got a fill-in instructor, which was quite challenging because he wasn't very uh good I guess at instructing. Secondly, this is rated pretty highly and one reason it may stay high is because Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez came here. Honestly the owners have probably become beliebers. There are a lot of other surf schools in the same location with good instructors so you don't have to come here. Lastly, it is good in one sense because if you aren't able to surf they say they will give you your money back. :) all in all, book ahead and try to have fun!