“Unforgettable!”

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson, then help you improve, fast! First time surfers and athletes looking to improve performance are welcome.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
“Unforgettable!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was nervous about surfing for the first time but Steve immediately made me feel comfortable with his simple instructions. He was fun, funny, informative and really helpful. He got everyone up after a brief lesson and would help us catch a second wave if we weren't successful with the first one on that turn. By the end he wanted us to get at least two more waves but was awesome and got us three more. Definitely recommend this academy and Steve as the instructor.

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Round two with Royal Hawaiian”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Back to Maui and now my 8 and so to be 5 year old want to surf. Thank goodness DJ was there and was able to take my 8 year old out again (2 years later). DJ was awesome and has the perfect personality to be in the teaching business. He truly has the aloha spirit and my son had such an awesome time with him! Thanks DJ

My soon to be 5 year old didn't fair as well. He might have been too young. Although his instructor was nice I'm not sure he is the best fit for younger clients and thought he would be better suited for clients 12 and older! He might have rushed the process of getting into the ocean and on a wave to fast vs hanging out and getting him a little bit more familiar with what to expect and do.

Will be back and hope DJ is still there!!!!

Visited June 2013
Los Altos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great surf lessons”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Josh did a great job teaching my daughter and me how to surf. We both got up on our boards very quickly, with lots of laughs along the way.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Friendly greeting upon arrival, they had the girls surfing in no time! We enjoyed our experience! Mahalo!!!!

Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Josh is the best”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My niece and nephew enjoyed surf and paddle board lessons with Josh. We was very knowledgeable and kind. He is truly a great teacher and had both surfing in very little time. Great job...Josh!!

Visited June 2013