“Awesome guides, great workout!”

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson, then help you improve, fast! First time surfers and athletes looking to improve performance are welcome.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

1st - shout out to Lukas who rescheduled us with no penalty because I completely spaced and forgot about our appointment! We are SO appreciative of your flexibility. Took my husband out for SUP on Thursday morning and was so surprised at how easy it was to get up on the boards! Our guides Taylor and Shea made sure we were on course, using good form and also came to my rescue when a huge gust of wind came and knocked me off into the water! (Ahem, Mr. Edgecomb..) Thanks for a great trip y'all!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Royal Surf Academy is the best. I can't say how much I enjoyed my surf lesson with my instructor Josh. As a first time surfer, he really simplified it for me. Josh instruction and professionalism was top notch. The Royal Hawaiian Surf offered me an experience of a lifetime. It is a great value and excitement. Book your lesson for early in the morning because less people in the water and closer tides. Overall, this was an awesome experience.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had the opportunity to take a few lessons with the boys at Royal Hawaiian and I can't say enough great things!! Everyone there was incredible, but I have to send a special shout out first to Ikaika and then to Josh.
Took my first group lesson with Ikaika and I couldnt have asked for a better first experience. He set us all at ease, made us laugh, dialed us in with the basics, and got us all up on our boards first time!!
Took a few days of solo lessons with Josh and I couldnt have asked for a better instructor or a cooler guy to hang with. He was able to completely tailor the lessons perfectly to what I needed, made me laugh the whole time, and yet was still able to challenge me to try something new or something more everyday!! Because of him, I came out of the water everyday absolutely stoked on surfing, and at the end of it all, knowing that I now feel totally comfortable renting a board and heading out on the the waves on my own! Which I did!!
Definitely definitely definitely go with these guys!! They are super rad, super fun, super pro, and worth every penny!!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We took a family surf lesson with Tavner!. He was awesome! Very patient, helpful, and funny! We took what we learned with him and continued too surf our whole vacation! I would highly recommend him for a lesson!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My 10 year old son and I just took lessons from Bennie. His attention to making sure it was fun for everyone was outstanding. His encouragement with my son made my son's day. We didn't have the best waves but Bennie made sure we made the most of the session. We each got 3 or 4 decent rides and I am confident we will be able to continue having fun next time we rent or take a lesson. Lucas did a really nice job when we were signing up as well. Have fun and enjoy the positive experience. Well worth every penny!
Andy