“I can surf now.”

Royal Hawaiian Surf Academy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Expert instructors and professional surfers teach you to ride a wave on your first lesson, then help you improve, fast! First time surfers and athletes looking to improve performance are welcome.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
“I can surf now.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very knowledgeable, recommend anyone who wants to learn to surf.one private lesson and I'm surfing!! Thanks Josh.

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“" Excellent Surfing Instructors "”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Thanks to the great instructors - Ikeika and Kea !!! With their expert knowledge and skills, they had me up and surfing in no time, (with a gentle shove of my board at just the right time when the wave came) the waves were 2-3 feet, perfect for beginners. The instructors gave detailed information that really helped improve my surfing technique, and standing up on the board easily. They even explained what to do after you catch the wave.They even showed how me to get up by myself, unassisted.... How cool is that? Thanks again to Ikeika and Kea,l can surf on my own now. No more lessons, just go rent the board !
I had taken a lesson in Kona a couple of years ago with a different company, but these guys here in Lahaina, Maui, are much better!
The photographer was all smiles...........hooked us up for a CD-R disc with about 30 cool photos.....no problem, mon.....
Highly Recommend !

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“AWESOME EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We took our 5 year old for private lessons last spring.
My husband and I suited up because I told him it was going to be a waste of time....our son is only 5 after all, and there was no way he would last the whole lesson.
Our son was so excited, and I felt so comfortable with the level of skill and regard for safety demonstrated by his instructor : Kea Espiritu that we came back the next day.
Had we a few more days, my husband and I would have signed ourselves up.
As it was , Kea helped to get our old and out of shape butts up and surfing, which in itself was miraculous!
We ended up purchasing both DVD photo sessions as proof to our friends and plan to book again with Kea when we are back in Maui !

Visited May 2012
Mountain View, California
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Can get anyone up!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Steve was terrific - super helpful and understanding. Excellent eye for waves, obviously knows and loves surfing, and enjoys sharing his passion with others.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank David P
Fort Wayne, Indiana
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Excellent way to learn”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Three kids and three adults went on a Tuesday morning in April to surf. There were two instructors. The surf academy guarantees that you stand up at least once, and everyone did. The surf is in a calm and shallow stretch of Lahaina. Wetsuits, boards are included. They also employ an excellent photographer (photo CD additional cost) who took absolutely amazing photos. There is a shallow beach for children to play if they are only watching.

Visited April 2012