Lokelani sits halfway between Kaanapali and Kapalua. All of the rooms are 30 feet from the ocean, and there is a semi-private beach with swimming and snorkeling immediately adjacent to the property. The view of the ocean, Lanai, and Molokai from the sitting room and the upstairs main bedroom is incredible (we stayed in an upstairs two bedroom unit; the downstairs 1 bedroom units have the same view from the sitting area and lanai, but the bedroom is in the back). Every morning we would sit on the deck and watch turtles feeding less than 100 feet away. I was told you have a great view of whales in the winter, but we were there after the season.
--Our room was spotless, well appointed (HD TV, telephone, WI-Fi and plug-in internet, beautiful island decor), and very well equipped (full kitchen with all utensils, full size washer and dryer, coffee maker, etc.). There are beach towels in each room, and staff has beach chairs and ice chests available.
--Staff (especially Kim) were at all times helpful and friendly. One minor issue with the room (sticky sliding door) came up, but they fixed it immediately. On the way home, I accidentally dialed her upon arrival at LAX. She picked up the phone (and was pleasant!) at 2:00 am her time.
--View! Gentle waves lapping at the front of the property! 30 feet from ocean, watching the turtles all day, rainbows in the morning and sunsets at night! Exclamation points aside, you have the feeling you are in the only room in paradise.
--Dedicated parking space (1 per room) very close to room.
--Ease of access to all of the north end of Maui
--Access to swimming and snorkeling on the property
--Very, very quiet and peaceful
--Do not know the square footage, but the upstairs units are very, very spacious.
--No airconditioning; we knew this going in and frankly we felt great at night. It could be more of an issue in August, but the breeze blows virtually around the clock
--They are condos, so no amenities like a restaurant or room service
--The back bedrooms (all downstairs units, and the second upstairs bedroom) get more road noise than surf noise. If I were in a downstairs unit, I would seriously consider sleeping on the sofa bed so that I could enjoy the sound of the ocean.
If you are looking for a peaceful, self directed, beachfront vacation in Hawaii there is no better spot on Maui. Period. Combined with the price, this property is an excellent value
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maui, The Valley Isle, Lokelani Condominiums hug the shoreline on Maui's famous West Side. Our low rise condominiums are situated on a picturesque, reef-protected sandy cove away from the main road and 30 feet from the ocean with a spectacular westerly view of fabulous sunsets, framed between the islands of Molokai and Lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Lokelani Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lokelani Condominiums Hotel Lahaina
- Lokelani Condominiums Maui/Lahaina