This was one of the nicest places we have stayed. Much better than the crowded, noisy complex in Kihei where we stayed the last time. We rented a 2 bedroom condo and it had a beautiful ocean front view, tons of space, wi-fi service, a great kitchen and full size washer and dryer. Both bedrooms were full size, but the master bedroom is ocean front and very large and comfortable. In early March, the whales are in Maui in full force and we got an amazing whale show everyday from the lanai. The best part about this condo was the location to Kaanapaili beach without the price tag of the luxury hotels. Some have said this complex is not kid friendly, but we didn't find that. It is a very quiet complex though, so if you are expecting pool parties and big gatherings on the lawn, it's unlikely to happen. The quiet appealed to us very much. We found the staff very friendly, and they happily lent us coolers, beach chairs and boogie boards free of charge.
Some highlights of our Maui trips: snorkeling at Black Rock-beautiful sandy beach and the best snorkeling we've ever done in Maui--the excursion to Paia--the show Ulalena which is fantastic and entertaining even for younger children--the "north shore" drive which is scary but worth it--the "Old Lahaina Luau". This was one of the more expensive luaus but very worth it as the food was great, free drinks (we took a taxi so we didn't have to worry about driving back) and a great show. The only thing I would do differently is not book "traditional" seats at the ground tables. Sitting on the ground for 3 hours did not agree with my back! I was impressed by the organization of the luau and how great the staff were.
Something I wish we hadn't done was pay the money for the Molokini snorkeling trip. It was very expensive and the time in the water was actually pretty short. The "lunch included" consisted of hot dogs and cheap burgers and greasy potato chips. One of our children got sea sick as it was pretty rough that day. I would never do that excursion again. We found fantastic snorkeling at the Kaanapali beaches and it was at our leisure, free, and with a much nicer picnic lunch than hot dogs and chips!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maui, The Valley Isle, Lokelani Condominiums hug the shoreline on Maui's famous West Side. Our low rise condominiums are situated on a picturesque, reef-protected sandy cove away from the main road and 30 feet from the ocean with a spectacular westerly view of fabulous sunsets, framed between the islands of Molokai and Lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Lokelani Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lokelani Condominiums Hotel Lahaina
- Lokelani Condominiums Maui/Lahaina