“Excellent Unit”

Lokelani Condominiums
Ranked #18 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Lahaina
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed in unit A205 for two weeks in January. It is the best unit we have stayed at in Maui. Completely updated and fantastic views, and the kitchen had everything we needed for cooking during our stay. Loved spending the early mornings sitting on the lanai and watching the whales and turtles. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dave N
There are newer reviews for Lokelani Condominiums

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom ground floor unit. Everything in the unit was in excellent condition and very clean. We had a gorgeous view and were able to see whales, turtles and monk seals from our condo. The beach access is via concrete steps that are well maintained. The beach is shallow quite far out and sandy so it's great for swimming and lounging. We'd definitely return.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sandsweetie1981
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Spent 10 nights here at the end of Jan 2014 and really enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately, there wasn't a single two-bedroom unit available for the whole 10 nights so we had to change units after the first 6 nights. That cost us a "short stay" cleaning fee, but it was reasonable and we wanted to stay here, so it was a necessary evil. Each unit is individually owned so the furnishings vary from unit to unit. Our first unit, B204, was nicer than the second, C201. The web site has photos of each unit that's available to rent through the condo office. Others might be available directly through the owner.

The property itself is quaint. 18 one-bedroom units in a row on the ground floor with 18 two-story, two-bedroom units above. All units are direct ocean-front and have lanais off the living room.. 2-bedroom units also have another lanai off the upstairs master bedroom. The 2-story units have one bath upstairs and another downstairs. Some units, but not all, have air-conditioning in the bedroom(s). With the windows open and ceiling fans on, it wasn't too hot for our January stay, but I'm not too sure how it'd be in the summer. There's a nice small beach at the north end of the building (C units) with the ocean coming right up to the sea wall in front of the rest of the building (A & B units). Turtles fed along the sea wall and a few times came right up onto the beach to bask in the sun! There's also a nice strip of lawn between the lanais and the seawall for sunning in the loungers. We saw whales almost every day right from our lanais!! Oh, did I mention the sunsets? Great unobstructed sunset views from every lanai! Small pool (8' deep) on the parking lot side of the building too. Centrally located for stores, restaurants and activities.

Kim in the office was very helpful and accommodating throughout the booking process and after we arrived. A small welcoming basket was provided in each unit - a nice touch! A dish washer and clothes washer and drier is in each unit and soap for both is provided along with paper towels and beach towels. Cookware, dinnerware, silverware, pots and pans, small appliances and utensils are also provided. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ax01, Ax06, Bx01, Bx06 and Cx01 are right next to the walkways that go through from the parking lot...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank nwav8tor
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Resently my wife and if had the opportunity to stay here and the interesting part is that I live and work outside the USA while my entire family remain in the US taking care of their lives so we thought that it would be a great x-mass present to take all 20 of our Kids, GrandKids and their other halfs to Maui for a 7day family vacation. There was a lot of unknowns because we are a combined family and as you know at time tensions can get high, it not always the "Bradey Bunch" not so much fighting but but a lot of distance sometime, anyway, I can tell you the trip was more successful than I handover hoped our family is closer the kids are talking more outside family functions and I wish I had done something like this 10 years earlier. I want to thank the staff (Kim) for helping make this trip a huge success. Although we had a couple of bumpy days with some other elderly tenets (by no fault of our family) the were just angry in general, I think, our experience was EPIC. The condo's we're clean well stocked with everything promised. Everything worked internet was active and available but actually it was the first time in 3 years that I disconnected from tech. Other than my personal phone and it was so warm and relaxing at the condo's that I had no desire to want to know what I was missing.
My family also meet a great local guy Rob from "Let me show you MAUI" his company, he took us and the kids to several location around the island and we consider him a great friend and the kids text him very often and will from now on I am sure. To emphasize how much we enjoyed our stay at Lokelani, my wife are scheduling our anniversary there right now less than 7 months from our last trip and we will continue to return for the foreseeable future.
Kim you have made life long friends customers. Thank you to all of your staff and facility for reconnecting our family and helping fix something that I never really saw as broken, without you we would still be blind. All our love and appreciation..
Below I marked the fitness center poor because not that kind of place same for the kids activities but this place is kid friendly and Kim is very accepting of family and kids.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dmiller344
LokelaniCondos, Manager at Lokelani Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

OK, I do believe that this is the first time a review has made me cry. It was a pleasure and a treat to meet y'all. What an incredible story to share. I can't wait for your return, and remember, I am still available for adoption :) .

Reviewed December 27, 2013

When you arrive at the Lokelani, you step into beautiful sunsets, a private beach and peaceful beauty just a few feet from your door. We have seen resorts and condos all over the island and what the Lokelani offers is second to none. It has a central location....just up the beach from Kaanapali, but none of the craziness of the resorts. It is right on the water where you can sit on the beach, the seawall or your lanai and watch the turtles and enjoy the fantastic view of the water. The manager Kim went above and beyond any request we made and made a wonderful experience even better. My husband and I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya M
Reviewed December 12, 2013

During our 21st annual Hawaiian vacation we again stayed in B203 at Lokelani. We first stayed in this complex 4 years ago. It is a well maintained property with a very private beach and all units on the water. B203 has a full kitchen, good beds and everything you need for a pleasant stay. They have large screen TV's and free internet that I appreciated. We highly recommend this condominium. H&J

Room Tip: all rooms are right on the water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harley O
Reviewed December 11, 2013

If you want absolute oceanfront, a swimmable and quiet beach, and spacious condo, look no further! Among the crowded Honokowai condo tangle, this property is a standout. Lokelani is only about 20 or so units with only about a 20' deep private lawn separating the all oceanfront units from the seawall and pounding waves. A short walk the length of the building brings you to a small set of steps onto the uncrowded beach where swimming and ocean sports are safely and easily available.

We stayed in a 2/2 unit on the 2nd and 3rd floors of this 3 story building. Ours was an end unit which offered no additional windows but did have a slightly better view from the lanai with its open side. (We also had the 5 story building next door to look at - a small drawback.)

The unit itself is living room, remodeled kitchen, laundry and small full bath with shower downstairs with a great covered lanai in front. Ocean is all you see in your view. 2 bedrooms with king and twins (can be converted to king) and a large full bath with shower upstairs. Front bedroom is full ocean view, with its own large sun soaked lanai - and very spacious. Back bedroom is parking lot view and does suffer a small amount of road noise (it's about 75 yards from L.Honoapiilani road). Both baths are also remodeled. Beds were comfy and all furnishings nice enough. There are large new TVs in LR and master with a small tv in 2nd bedroom. High speed Internet was reliable and very fast.

Three small drawbacks to this property - if you need/want a pool - theirs is in the parking lot. Can't imagine anyone uses it. Also there is only one parking space for the unit and very limited street parking. Finally beware there is no air conditioning. In December this wasn't an issue, but I'd be concerned for summer.

All in all, this property was awesome and the unit functioned well for our two couples sharing. The two lanais made for lots of getaway/private space when needed. Having two showers was nice. The kitchen was decently appointed and worked well for us. For me having in unit laundry is also imperative, so was great to have.

But bottom line is - the view, the beach, the privacy. Can't beat Lokelani for these amenities.

Room Tip: Individually owned so be sure your unit is remodeled and well appointed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends