“Great Place; Great Time”

Lokelani Condominiums
Ranked #20 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Lahaina
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Arrived on Saturday around noon and of course, I'd forgotten my map on how to get to Lokelani. Having no I-phone with internet for directions. Called the emergency number and Kim the manager answered on her day off and guided me to our location. She and rest of staff were great as was my condo unit. We had a great time for the week we were there in late September with the weather being absolutely perfect! First trip to Hawaii in 37 years of marriage and boy did we enjoy ourselves. ***Note** Do you homework and review the different rooms on their web site when deciding which condo unit you want to rent. If ever you have the opportunity to visit Maui and not too keen on crowded hotels or resorts which charge for everything including parking, Lokelani is small but great!

Room Tip: Get on their web site as the condo units are individually owned and decorated. That way you can cho...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We are currently at Lokelani in C-102 and what was advertised on the website is what we have and more!

The condo is as described = tick
The staff were friendly, helpful and informative = tick
The price is reasonable = tick (my Scottish grandma would have approved)
The ocean is just outside the door and the waves just keep on waving = tick
Fun, sun and sand = tick

Come to Maui now - this place is grand and just what we needed as Canadians in need of a sun fix.

Thanks Lokelani - we will be recommending you to friends and family = TICK

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank talkingtojo53
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was our first time staying at Lokelani. We stayed in A105 for nine nights. This is a fantastic property and the location and views can't be beat. The property managers I corresponded with before renting could not have been more helpful. They responded to my e-mails immediately and were very, very nice.

There were pros and cons about the specific unit we stayed in. The good - all remodeled, beautiful kitchen and appliances (no oven, broiler or icemaker), lights for the floor, counter and overhead in the kitchen, granite countertops, nice flat screen tv's in living room and bedroom, super comfortable bed, bose, wi-fi, huge lanai with a screen you could lower to block out the sun but still be able to see the view! The complex is in a wonderful location right on the water, has gas bbq's, a beautiful pool, and beautiful grounds. Also, they provide a nice gift basket upon arrival in the condo with an extra packet of coffee, coffee cup, pen, cookies, macadamia nuts, candy and coupons, which is very nice.

The cons of A105 (at least for us) - very small water heater, no utensils for the bbq (we bought a bbq spatula and left it there for the next renters), no decent wine glasses (ok we're spoiled) - just thick stemmed goblets and two champagne flutes, super dark in bedroom (we were going to buy more light bulbs but kept forgetting).

This unit only had four bath towels and four beach towels. Yes, it had a stacked washer/dryer but I didn't really want to wash towels all week (its very humid in the condo and unless you put the towels in the dryer or hang them all over the lanai, they wouldn't be dry for the next shower (also, I like clean towels - what can I say). When I asked for more towels, I was questioned about how many people we had staying in the condo and felt like maybe we were asking for too much by asking for extra. The manager did give me two extra beach towels which helped a lot. We do a lot of swimming on Maui and its very nice to have more than four. We ended up buying a quilt to lay on at the beach and just used the beach towels for drying off.

There was no beach when we were at Lokelani. I know that the beach comes and goes but just be prepared that the beach may not be there. The walk to the beach next door (north) was a little tricky in that you had to walk down mossy covered stairs and through sometimes strong currents to get to it. We did not have a problem but some might. Also, the railing on the stairs does not go all the way to the bottom so you will have to grip onto the wall to steady yourself. That being said, perhaps there is a different path you could take to the beach next door - I am not sure because we just used the stairs.

We usually stay in a condo on Maui that is lived in part of the year so it has foil, bbq utensils, spices, wine glasses, lots of beach towels and bath towels, etc. We gladly replenish any of the supplies when they get low. Unit A105 had only saran wrap and a few ziploc plastic containers (the coffee filters did not fit the coffee maker for some reason - cone vs. round). I wouldn't have minded replenishing anything that was in the condo but I didn't want to buy a lot of supplies and then leave them there. The management provides paper towels, trash bags, laundry soap, toilet paper, kleenex, dishwashing soap, etc. However you will need to ask the office for refills when you are out. Our mistake was that we didn't plan it right and ran out on the weekend when the office was closed.

All in all, the Lokelani is a wonderful place for a Maui vacation. I would recommend it. If you like upgrades in your unit, but not many supplies, A105 is great. Our next door neighbors had nice wine glasses, etc. in their unit so I guess it all depends on the unit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrsHumuhumu
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I had never been to Maui before and like all of you's out there were concerned with our choice of accommodation. We still cannot get over how lucky we were to choose Lokelani as our 10 days' vacation home (A205)! Was it good? No, IT WAS PERFECT! Their condo's are the perfect home away from home. Want to see green sea turtles from your balcony (lanai) every day? - check! Want to cook in a cozy kitchen with the groceries from the nearby fisher's market? - Granted! Would you perhaps like to chill at the beach without going too far? - Voila! 'Can't praise it enough! The staff are extremely friendly and we even had a welcome note from the condo's owners, which was awfully sweet. Pick Lokelani - you won't regret it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MigNat
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Second time staying in unit C101 and it was wonderful. Only complaint this year was the residents who were very loud while drinking out by the seawall in front of our unit instead of the designated areas on the ends. I also wish there were less kids or at least parents required to keep them under control.
Otherwise this might be the best, quietest most amazing views on Maui. You can't beat the sunsets here!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank cancerbeater
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Our family stayed here for Spring Break and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We had everything we needed, including a completely unobstructed view of the ocean, sea turtles right off the seawall and use of beach chairs and boogie boards. Walking distance from the farmer's market was a plus as well. The team who manages the property is so friendly and helpful. The whole family cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SBW000
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I don't normally write reviews but I felt this place definitely deserves one... Grounds were kept up beautifully, staff was extremely helpful, and when my husband and I left we were talking about how great it would be to own one of these condos! It was in a great location, central to many things. We prefer more quiet and not so much of the resort type. On this road the lokelani was set back a bit and very small and perfect. Our room (104a) was great. No problems! We slept great everynight, kept all the windows open to hear the waves. I would highly recommend this amazing condo duplex. It's such a great deal on price and we felt like it was our own private retreat. Thanks Lokelani and your staff!!

• Stayed: July 2011