“So happy to be back”

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Beaverton, Oregon
“So happy to be back”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This was my second visit at Hololani, the first being 14 years ago. I was not dissapointed!. I agree the shore line is minimal, but erosion is something that has occured overtime and the management and owners are dealing with it. the photos posted by 1 reviewer show exposed sandbags trying to stop the erosion. the landscape is covered in foliage now and there is a new fence and patio. they are doing what needs to be done to protect themselves. this is a great place for families as the pool is slightly heated, exposed to plenty of sunshine and so clean it squeeks. there rooms are plenty spacious for several people to live for several days. WE LOVED IT!

Room Tip: 2 buildings 1 faces Molokai the other Lanai.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank wobben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 9, 2011

The room was very nice and had been updated with granite countertops and had nice furnishings. The large deck was nice with ocean view. It depends on your taste but we found the grounds to be rather depressing. The pool is acceptable but not kid friendly. For instance, the rules are posted, which include items such as "no playing games such "marko polo". The beach has eroded away, leaving only sand bags. If you are wanting a lush Hawaiian experience this is not the place to go; however, if you do not have children and want a nice condo to stay where you do not mind driving to a beach, this is an acceptable location. The photos we've seen on the internet of the beach at Honolani Resort are outdated as of April 2011.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank crzyfun
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We have been coming to the Hololani for 30yrs and Absolutly love it! The beach may have sand bags on it to prevent erosion but that is up away from the water and there is ample room for couples with children to walk and play in the water. The beach is beautiful in the evenings with the fabulous sunset. The Hololoani is kept up and the grounds are beautiful. Our children are adults and now bring thier kids to the Hololani. They enjoy the freedom of the pool and the grounds. Thank you for such a lovely place to stay. My Grandkids thank you too

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank chick45
Colorado
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We just spent 8 nights at Hololani - it is a part of our Vacation Internationale timeshare. We stayed in A803 and enjoyed it very much. Excellent ocean views and sunsets. The only downsides to Hololani are: the master bedroom is an extension of the living area, so no real quiet place for the baby to nap during the day, the second bedroom faces a noisy street and there was not a yard with sunchairs for resting with an ocean view, the only sunchairs were restricted to the pool area which is shaded for most of the day (at least in December). But overall, we've stayed here before and will likely stay again - Maui is wonderful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SLMcMill
Folsom, California
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed 7 nights in until A101, with our two young children and grandma. We really enjoyed our stay. The view was magnificent and our condo had everything we needed. We enjoyed BBQ'ing most nights and eating on our lanai. Dan, the manager, was very friendly and present, and you knew he took pride in managing the Hololani. They provide a supply of boogie boards and beach toys you can borrow. Our kids enjoyed swimming in the pool (keep in mind most of the guests there were over 60 and I wouldn't say overly kid-friendly--we had to remind our kids often to stay quiet in the pool area), and watching for turtles on the beach. The beach is not great, but there are so many nice beaches not too far away. There was a small shopping center close-by that you could walk to (not too much there, but a quick walk). I drove to Safeway in Lahaina for groceries before I realized there was a much larger, cheaper store called The Times (I think), just a couple of miles down the road. All in all, a nice, relaxing stay and we would come again (probably when our kids are older).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank nornie73
Burbank, California
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I've just returned from 10 days on Maui and I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to return to my new home-away-from-home, the Hololani Resort.
After reading reviews on Trip Advisor and then then perusing the Hololani site, my sister and I booked unit #404 about 3 months prior to our trip. Not knowing what to expect, in brief, just about everything I experienced from the minute we walked through the door was a pleasant surprise. The condo was clean, peaceful, nicely decorated, and well equipped with everything I could ever need. Once I got my bearings, found the local supermarkets, and got insider tips from my neighbors about hitting COSTCO near the airport, I never had to leave my little stretch of pristine beach unless I wanted to sight see or dine out a handful of times. Other than loving breakfast at The Gazebo up the road in Napili, going upcountry for lunch Hali Maille General Store, or devouring a refreshing midday shave ice at Ululani's in Lahaina, I was always grilling fresh fish and veggies on one of the three grills down by the pool along with wonderful neighbors. Everyone at the complex was respectful and relaxed, the views were glorious, I floated in the ocean protected by the reef for many hours, the pool was warm at night, and I hated to leave! I highly recommend this condo complex if you want a reasonably priced, quiet, uncomplicated vacation.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank daisyaura
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We stayed at the Hololani resort in unit A204 and it was fabulous. We rented this unit through [--] and the price was very reasonable. The view from this corner unit is nothing but spectacular. The resort is located in Kahana and accessible to so much on the west side of Maui. The pool area is small but adequate and the entire property is very clean and well appointed. Our unit was nicely decorated and had everything you could want in the kitchen. Beach chairs, mats, umbrellas and towels are in the unit and the carpeted lanai in this unit has wonderful, comfortable furniture. There is also a parking spot that goes w/the rental and that is a must in this area! There is also high speed internet available in the unit. There are 2 BRs in these condos and they are spacious. The front bedroom only has a louvered door to the living area and the back bedroom has a pocket door. I would say that is the only drawback to the entire place. The front BR has a fabulous view but you are right there on the water and it can be loud at night if you have the patio doors open. We loved it!! . The back bedroom has a nice view as well and it is a bit quieter. Lots of wonderful beaches nearby and fabulous restaurants very close. Our favorite dinner spot was Merrimans and it is just down the road from Hololani on the water-expensive but worth it and an absolutely beautiful place to watch the sunset! We can't wait to go back to Maui and we will stay in this same unit at Hololani!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends