“Wonderful experience at Kahana Village”
Review of Kahana Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Kahana Village
Santa Barbara, CA
“Wonderful experience at Kahana Village”
Reviewed April 30, 2006

We just got back from four nights at the Kahana Village -- upstairs two bedroom, two bath unit. Furnishings were lovely, kitchen amply equipped - bottled water and coffee upon our arrival. The manager and staff could not have been more gracious. What a lovely complex - would definitely return. The views from our lanai were fabulous. The beach (as mentioned elsewhere) was not the best, but fantastic swimming beaches are within minutes.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank sbcook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Vancouver
Reviewed April 27, 2006

We just returned from 10 fabulous days at the Kahana Village condo on Maui. I can't say enough about the rooms, location, and staff! This is an excellent spot if you're looking for a private, quiet location. We stayed in an oceanfront 'standard unit (#4, 2 bedroom) which was everything we expected and more. Our unit came equipped with some 'extras' (boogie boards, snorkel sets) and was very well appointed & clean. The management for this complex is second to none. The entire complex is very well run, clean with immaculate gardens, beautiful oceanside pool & BBQ area. We were there for Easter, and Paul & Vicky (the on site managers) hosted a lovely continental breafast on Easter Sunday! I researched several different condos in the area, and am so glad I chose this one. We plan on returning next year!

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank ameltd
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed March 6, 2006

first, a bit of background. this was an extended family vacation which comprised of my parents, my wife and baby daughter (23 months) and my brother and sister. my parents have not gone on a vacation (with the exception of a few days here and there) for as long as i can remember (>10 years!). also, they are quite finicky people when it comes to accomodations as their are the proud owners of a motel in the canmore alberta region. suffice to say, they have high expectations when it comes to cleanliness (they've won a lot of "good housekeeping" awards).

about a month ago, we reserved two units (unit #18 for two nights and unit #31 for five nights). i had hopes on staying on an ocean front unit so hence the chance in unit mid-week. i was initially a bit worried about unit #18 because of the centralized location and its proximity to the pool and the office. i could not be more wrong. when we checked in, everyone was thrilled with the unit (3BR unit ground floor) to the point where we opted to stay in unit #18 for the full week! it was extremely spacious, very clean, and was surprisingly quiet. we even had excellent views of the ocean (albeit, i will admit there are units with better views). the pictures of unit #18 on the website simply do not do it justice. also, the landscaped grounds look way more gorgeous in real life than they do on the website.

i personally found our king-sized bed comfortable. i think my siblings found the two twins a bit uncomfortable but that's because they're used to sleeping in a queen-sized bed by themselves. my baby daughter also loved the unit.

i also want to say that paul and vicky were great. they were able to provide us a rice cooker (we suspect they bought it brand new prior to our arrival).

there are a ton of towels in the unit so don't bring your own! we noticed that some units have other peripheral things such as beach mats or boogie boards or even snorkel equipment (our unit did not). the landscaped grounds are amazing as well (my parents kept on cooing over the lush plants and how well-maintained it was... my parents plant literally hundreds of annuals every year on their motel property so they were quite impressed). the pool was just so-so in comparison to other hotels but it sufficed for our purposes. a delivered daily newspaper was a nice touch.

we're currently staying our second week in menehune shores in kihei (it is just myself, my wife, and our baby daughter as everyone else has headed back home) and we are already missing kahana village!

if you ever need any unbiased information, please let me know as i've leaned on numerous opinions on tripadvisor. happy findings!

• Stayed March 2006
15 Thank stephendedalus
Omaha
Reviewed March 4, 2006

Stayed at Kahana Village for 5 nights. Three couples in a three bedroom. Had a great ocean view, and watched whales from the lanai every morning. These condos are very quiet and private. Our unit was updated and in great shape. Ten minute drive to Kaanapali Beach, five to Kapalua or Napili. Had a late flight out our last day, and they put us up in another unit as late as we wished to stay.

• Stayed February 2006
10 Thank SeetheParks7
Redlands, CA
Reviewed December 21, 2005

This is a small and extremely well maintained complex. The staff is phenomenal, the grounds are beautiful, and our unit was even better than the photos! The condos are well supplied with every necessary cooking utensil and appliance. I would highly reccommend spending your Maui vacation here! I look forward to my next visit. Every unit has a fabulous ocean view and the lanais are fantastic!

• Stayed October 2005
8 Thank salli715
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2005

What can I say? Manager Vicki Betts saved our honeymoon. After a nightmare experience at the Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas on our first night in Maui (see my review), we consulted with the "Blue Bible" (Maui Revealed) and found this "Real Gem".With less than a half hour to gather our belongings and flee MKV, I called and spilled my guts to Vicki who mercifully invited us to come by and look at the facilities. Imagine our uncontainable glee upon setting our eyes on the huge, immaculate and well appointed 2 bedroom "standard" unit # 9 that Vicki offered to us for a very reasonable ( cheaper than MKV) fall rate. Needless to say, it was Shangra la compared to the hellhole we came from. With more space than we could possibly use, every possible convenience of home and a beautiful view from our Lanai, Maui quickly became our favorite of the three islands we visited. Vicki also left us a nice bottle of champagne for the occasion.
The overall tone of the facility was very laid back, quiet and tranquil with most people almost humbled into not speaking above a whisper for fear of undoing the tranquility. The 3 foot deep swimming pool was just perfect for wading and keeping cool in the Maui sun and the beach only feet away from the pool area, was a bit rocky and murky but also fine for wading if equipped with ample footwear. Normally, my wife and I would shy away from a place with no air conditioning. However, the multiple ceiling fans and cool ocean breeze kept us plenty comfortable. It was nice to come back from a busy day on the island to the relaxing hot tub in the pool area where we had a chance to mingle with other (very friendly)guests, many of whom had been here multiple times and felt it was their own little secret place that they did not want to tell anyone about. After our stay here, we will be tempted not to tell anyone either. However, we will highly recommend this great place to all who visit Maui.

PS. The complimentary Wednesday night Mai Tai party at the pool between 5 and 6 is a nice touch with live music and a Hawaiian sunset in the background.

• Stayed November 2005
19 Thank azaccone
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2005

I wanted to say that this is a lovely condo complex. Our entire family stayed for a week. We were in unit 18 (downstairs) and unit 17 (upstairs). The beach is not the greatest but Kaanapali Beach is close by. The BBQ area is perfect and the pool, even though only 4 foot deep, is nice, clean and fun. We could see the pool from our lanais and that was perfect for letting the pre-teens of our group get a little freedom while we were able to keep an eye on them.

One important thing to note is there are 3 reviews below that can't possibly be Kahana Village. The September 6,2004 (Fort Lauderdale), Aug 14,2004 (Seattle) and July 11, 2004 (Seattle), reference a hotel in Kahului. I think it's the Maui Beach Hotel, which is old and smells bad. It is close to the Kahului airport and across from Kaahumanu Shopping Center. The Kahana does not have a restaurant, as one of the bad reviews indicated. So, I think the Maui Beach must be the one all 3 referenced. Not sure why they bipped over onto Kahana Village.

• Stayed July 2005