Tripadvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Lots of fun!

We had a good time at Ironwood Ranch! The horses are all very sweet and the views were beautiful... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
angelina O
Highlight of our trip!

My 10 year old has wanted to go horseback riding for years, and we finally went to Ironwood during... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Person4747
Berkeley, California

Recommended experiences in and around Maui
from $140.63
from $145.83
from $196.88
from $45.22
More Info
All reviews hour ride horseback ride riding experience great ride celebrity names horse named beautiful trails david beckham love horses gentle horses pick fruit pineapple farm enjoyable ride fresh fruit amazing experience riders forest
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Being someone who has been fortunate enough to own horses in the past, I am always somewhat reluctant to book a riding experience on vacation. I've seen how most public riding stables treat their horse and it is not pleasant. I heard Ironwood Ranch was different and I cannot tell you how happy I am to have learned first hand that they run a top-notch operation and treat their horses like Royalty. These women truly love their animals and the horses' sweet behavior reflects all of the love they are given. Every horse is allowed to display his/her sweet and distinctive personality and knows that nothing bad will every happen to them. It is evident that all of the horses trust and love humans because of the care, love and patience these remarkable women give to them. Some of these horses came from sad beginnings but the staff of Ironwood Ranch have brought them back to a place where they can trust again. If you want an excellent experience for your family, or just want to ride in the mountains near the shore with some cool people who understand and love horses, you MUST book a trip at Ironwood Ranch.
FINAL NOTE: Your ride is amazing as a result of the loving care these horses are given on a daily basis. Don't miss this p[[prtunity for yourself or your family.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 6, 2020

We visited the ranchthe week of Thanksgiving and we couldn't have had a better ride! We chose to do he easy ride bc we had our young kids with us and it was wonderful. The staff was overly accommodating, kind, and very knowledgeable! Thank you for a wonderful visit!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

This was such a great experience. My daughter & I are intermediate riders so are very comfortable around horses, but we were paired with people with much less experience & I think it was a good ride for all. The horse are so well-mannered, so loved, so NOT your typical trail horses. The staff & guides were friendly & personable & we learned so much about the island & the landscape we rode through. The property itself is beautiful & worth a walk around.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2019

We chose Ironwood ranch because my daughter and I really wanted to go horseback riding in Maui and it was a convenient location to Kaanapali. My husband and son were going,but not as excited as we were. The location is inland at the old dole pineapple plantation. We rode 4 horses...Shaniya Twain,Bruno Mars,Carlos Santana,and Courtney Cox. The horses were chosen specifically for each person in our group. They were a perfect fit for us. The two ladies that took us on the tour were attentive, fun,professional, and just great!!! The views were awesome when we arrived at the top of the hill on our horse. We highly recommend and all 4 of us say it was the highlight of our trip.THANK YOU!!!!

Date of experience: November 2019
Dawges, guide at Ironwood Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2019

Mahalo for riding with us. We are located on Maui Land and Pineapple plantation and not Dole.

Reviewed October 31, 2019

The one hour horseback ride was an incredible experience!

The view of Molokai Island was spectacular!
I would recommend this safe horseback ride to anyone.

Date of experience: October 2019

Mahalo for riding with us.