“Worth every penny”
Review of Ironwood Ranch

Ironwood Ranch
Ranked #40 of 125 things to do in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the "Best Place to Find Yourself on Horseback" according to Hawaii Magazine's 2008 "Best of Hawaii" - and they should know! Ride our beautiful horses through lush, exotic valleys, ironwood forests, and pineapple fields, while enjoying spectacular panoramic views of the outer islands! Nestled in the midst of unspoiled mountains, rain forests and farmland, Ironwood Ranch sits on acres of private land inaccessible to most, but ready and waiting for you to explore!
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went on the morning ride and I tell you it was great from start to finish. Our guide Angel, was great. My horse, "Lady Gaga" loved to stop and eat along the trail which was hilarious. Definitely a trail ride we'll take again! Thank you!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I spent our first anniversary in Maui. I've always wanted to ride a horse and ironwood ranch made my first experience enjoying and amazing. We rode on June 6 with wonderful staff members there. Thanks for a great time. See you guys again very soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 enjoyed a 1.5 hour guided horseback tour at this beautiful ranch setting. The trails were entwined through trees and grasses which led to a beautiful view of the coastline above Napili. Our guide,Gina, was informative and helpful. We would recommend this user friendly attraction so that you can take advantage of having the views to yourselves.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

wasn't sure what to expect as we were told "right off the main rode and follow the signs" and ended up winding up about 750 ft on a dirt rode to the best kept ranch we have been for trail riding in all our years of travel.

Great signs, immediate acknowledgement of our presence, even though the staff was busy with the previous ride. Simple but well organized check-in process that only got better from there.

Gina, our guide, was friendly, knowledgeable and made us feel right at home. Her demeanor, the excellence and speed of preparing the horses and the explanations of everything to expect was fabulous!

Ride was well planned, great horses, extremely beautiful views and plenty of well educated bantor along the trail explaining vegetation, Hawaiin heritage and hearty exchanges of healthy and classy conversation.

Gina steered us to medicinal uses of some plants along with explaining many island facts that made the entire trip very nice. Her closing "one liners" about previous guests' bizarre questions were icing on the cake.

Would highly recommend this open, honest, friendly and most organized ranch we have come across in all our travels and rides from all around the world.

Thanks for a great afternoon IronWood!

1  Thank barchambault
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I just took the Sunset ride and wow was it spectacular. It had rain so the ranch called to say it would be shortened. We got charged less for the shorter ride too. I must say the other guest who showed up late don't get the fact that late is late. Of it was a boat activity they would have left them. Own up. The guides have a lot of responsibility to keep people safe and they don't have to take pictures of you if they feel you are not in control of your horse. Be nice to the guides on your activities as they deal with a lot of crap from tourist. Aloha works both ways.

1  Thank Virginia W