“Awesome Ride!”
Review of Ironwood Ranch

Ironwood Ranch
Ranked #40 of 125 things to do in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the "Best Place to Find Yourself on Horseback" according to Hawaii Magazine's 2008 "Best of Hawaii" - and they should know! Ride our beautiful horses through lush, exotic valleys, ironwood forests, and pineapple fields, while enjoying spectacular panoramic views of the outer islands! Nestled in the midst of unspoiled mountains, rain forests and farmland, Ironwood Ranch sits on acres of private land inaccessible to most, but ready and waiting for you to explore!
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I vacationed on Maui in May and booked this ride through the concierge at our condo. For those of you not familiar with ranches and horseback riding, please be aware you are driving up a dirt rode and PLEASE dress appropriately for horseback riding, i.e., no high heeled shoes, no fancy wide brimmed hats, etc, as you will be riding through trees and narrow trails. Our guide was Ginny, who was great with pairing up riders and horses. I have owned horses and she did a great job to be sure the novice riders were comfortable with their horses as well as enjoying the ride. She explained the various types of trees, flowers and vegetation as well as the history and culture of the area and the ranch. After the ride, we were given cool drinks and were free to walk around and enjoy the other horses and pick fresh fruit from the trees. If you love horses, this is the ranch to visit!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The horses were very well mannered for any type riding level. The guides were very informative about the Hawaiian culture. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My experience with this company was awful. I didn't end up going on a horseback riding trip, and I'm sure it would have been nice based on the other reviews. As for my experience, I booked a reservation for my husband and I on their website, and I paid through PayPal. Three days later, I called to confirm my reservation and they said they did not have one for me and seemed surprised that no one contacted me after receiving my payment. Furthermore, they said they cancelled the sunset ride for the next two days due to rain (it did not rain either day). I ended up just cancelling my reservation, and it took two weeks, two emails, AND two phone calls before I received my refund. Again, I'm sure the ride is nice, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to go through all of this. I was very disappointed.

2  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked this trip through guest services within the Maui hyatt. The service we received was really good from start to finish. The experience was really good and would highly recommend. We rode around the valleys and the lady who was on tour with us gave us detailed explanations bout what happened and the history.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My eleven year old daughter and I rode two days ago with Ironwood Ranch and Loved It!! In a small group of 4:1 we chose the 1.5 hour ride and after being greeted, filling out waivers, paying, we got on our horses and took off. Most of the ride was in the shade of the mango, guava, ironwood, Norfolk pines and other trees. We trekked through 7 foot Cane Grass, ambled over a creek, up a winding trail, through an ancient Hawaiian village ruin and down the old pineapple roads. The guide pointed out the flora and fauna, kept us close together for this nervous rider and was absolutely professional and interesting along the ride. The horses are well treated and loved. Highly recommended!