“A fun jaunt through the jungle”
Review of Ironwood Ranch

Ironwood Ranch
Ranked #31 of 124 things to do in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the "Best Place to Find Yourself on Horseback" according to Hawaii Magazine's 2008 "Best of Hawaii" - and they should know! Ride our beautiful horses through lush, exotic valleys, ironwood forests, and pineapple fields, while enjoying spectacular panoramic views of the outer islands! Nestled in the midst of unspoiled mountains, rain forests and farmland, Ironwood Ranch sits on acres of private land inaccessible to most, but ready and waiting for you to explore!
Vancouver, Canada
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A fun jaunt through the jungle”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had a great ride during our trip. We were part of a small group (4 people, plus a guide), and got a great tour of the ironwood forest, the jungle, the old pineapple plantation, and mountainous terrain. The guide knew quite a bit about the area, and pointed out ancient Hawaiian walls and caves, wild coffee bushes and other interesting flora and fauna. I rode on Jean Claude Van Damme, and my partner rode on Sandra Bullock. Good times!

Visited December 2012

“The most fun you can have on four legs”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The guides were very informative and professional. The horses were well trained and well behaved. One of the most fun things we have done in Maui

Amery, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful Trails”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family took the 1 1/2 hour ride at Ironwood Ranch. It was me, my husband, our 13 year old son and my 12 year old god daughter. We were the only ones on this tour. They take small groups which was really nice. I can't remember our guide's name, but she did a great job with the horses and pointing out sites and things of interest. Our horses were very mild and behaved perfectly. It was our experience that the Ironwood Ranch was very laid-back and casual. We felt comfortable and welcomed.

Visited November 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful way to start the day!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I took the 2 hour morning ride with Angel as our guide.
The time of day was perfect for the best weather. The ride itself is a classic trail ride through some beautiful parts of the hills overlooking Kapalua...with views to Molokai and Lanai. At no point did we go faster than a walk, so it would be suited for a total novice. The views were gorgeous, the horses were very well trained (mine was Sandra Bullock) and Angel was very informative. About halfway through the ride we stopped and Angel took photos of everyone with our own cameras. Nice touch!! I would definitely go back for another ride on my next visit to Maui.

Visited October 2012
Washington State
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great but costly!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very nice trail ride and very well organised. Unfortunately when you have horse lovers as kids, they all want to do this kind of stuff, but I think it is way overpriced already and then you have to tip on top! We have two kids, so when you are basically looking to pay this kind of money per activity, it all adds up!

Visited July 2012