Lahaina Inn
$639
$420
$407
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$285
$459
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrocking chairsrooms are smallstayed here for one nightdoor codestreet noisesister resorthistoric hotelfacing the parking lotrecommend staying hereper dayperfect locationview of the oceanbalconydeskmauiarmoirealoha
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed here for one night on Maui, because we wanted to be in the middle of things in Lahaina. Previously, we'd spent a week in a mid-level condo, which cost about the same ($125/night). If you can do without hotel and condo amenities, the Lahaina Inn is a very relaxing and atmospheric, even romantic choice.

My husband really enjoyed staying here among all the antique decor. The bed was wonderfully comfy, and the common room where you could make your own coffee and a simple breakfast that we brought along for ourselves was a welcome perk. The instructions for checking in after-hours (front desk not staffed after 5pm) were helpful. Best of all, we had a sunny open-air lanai with rocking chairs and an ocean view.

A few downsides:
* $7 per night for parking -- very affordable by Lahaina standards, but we hadn't known about it in advance. The parking lot has limited space for guests and is a half-block away.
* Ample street noise until around 10:30pm. Radios thoughtfully provided in-room to cover up some of that noise, and the air-con added some white noise to the background.
* No TVs, wi-fi, etc. (Some might consider this a perk, I realize, but if you have to stay connected to work, it can be an issue.)
* Lots of "rules" signs everywhere you look in the room. (E.g., "Check-out time is no later than 11 a.m." on the bathroom mirror, instead of somewhere less obtrusive, like the back of the door.)

The front desk manager was incredibly cool, and she did everything she could to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. The location in the middle of Lahaina town is fun. I don't think I would return, however, since for the same price I could instead book a one-bedroom condo in Honokowai or Kihei and get more space, amenities and use of a swimming pool. The Lahaina Inn is romantic, but it's just not as well-equipped.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

The rooms are very small and it`s gets really noisy at night. I forgot my brand new shirt in the closet and i asked the manager to mail it to me which i was willing to pay for shipping, i was sent instead a bra, woman panties and sunglasses...what a joke

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I wanted to be in downtown Lahaina for a short while. The Inn was perfect.

The Inn is simple and centrally located--perfect as a launching point for Lahaina activities: scuba, surf lessons, bars and restaurants.

The small beautifully restored rooms have comfortable beds. Spring the extra bucks for an ocean view balcony.

Tori, the Inn Keeper was a font of helpful information. Very friendly.

Three notes:

1. If you want TV, you'll be disappointed. It's in the common guest area along with the refrigerator. For me, well, I didn't come to Maui to sit in my room and watch TV.

2. Parking is $7/night. This is super cheap by Lahaina standards, but it's good to know about in advance.

3. The desk closes at 5 PM. After that you're pretty much on your own.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Thomas_Traveler
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Can't say enough about this place. Quaint would be the perfect word. Stayed in resort for first 5 days, which was nice, but Lahaina Inn has a homey feel. It is like going back in time. Was greeted by Melinda, who was super friendly & gave off a good vibe. The owner, Tony (female) was there working on a saturday, and she also was very nice and helpful, she even stopped and gave me a ride when she saw me walking! Place is very clean. I stayed in room closest to Front st, which was awesome. I sat on the lanai in my rocking chair, listening to the tunes coming from Cheeseburger in Paradise while watching the sunset. Perfect!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank hayden11
Reviewed May 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Lahaina Inn for 2 nights on our honeymoon and had a great time. On arrival we were offered a great deal to upgrade to a suite so we did. To get to the rooms you have to go up fairly narrow stairs (so if mobility is a problem this probably isn't the place for you) but the rooms and upstairs are older style but beautiful. The staff were very friendly. All in all, if you don't have mobility problems and you're looking for a relatively inexpensive, and really a very nice place to stay on Maui, Lahaina Inn is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple