“Exactly as most described.....”
Review of Lahaina Inn

Lahaina Inn
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The historic hotel is right in the middle of Lahaina. It is in the middle of Lahaina, no car needed so don't listen to complaints of parking. Walk a few blocks and there is no issue. Is there noise at times? Absolutely, it's right in the MIDDLE of the town...great place to be. We'd watch on our little balcony at people lining up for the sunset. We could just take the pictures from our room. Make no mistake about it....no resort here. Just a small room with NO amenities. In fact many times there was NO help at the desk, just a sign to call a number if you have a problem.
But the price was right! A little annoyed that our wood floors and shower were covered in sand when we checked in ....but realized it is tough to keep the sand out of the place. The room is SMALL, but so is the price. If you want a resort, this is NOT the place for you. If you want a little place to stay that is interesting....this is the place for you. Only one person (evening) was a little preoccupied with herself to help at all, the rest (if there) were great! Bring slippers is you don't like to walk on the wood floors that have sand on them....no way around that. We'll come back here!

Room Tip: Room seven or eight! On the main side with a great view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KevinRPh

Reviewed November 21, 2013

the lahaina inn is right in the middle of downtown lahaina and a short walk to the ocean. the suites are large and old fashioned with a nice seating area on the balcony. as others have mentioned, the area is very noisy with trucks coming and going at all hours. if you feel like splurging, try the lahaina grill next door; the food is tremendous, but pricey.

Room Tip: get a "suite"; the smaller rooms are really small
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We used frequent flyer miles, so it was essentially a free room. We just needed one night, as we were traveling to Lanai the next morning. The room was small, the floor was sticky as other people have mentioned, and everything seemed to work.

We didn't really notice the noise in the morning, as we were up at about 3 am, due to being on Central time still. All said, for a cheap room, it was a great place to crash for the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have booked four times to stay here but this is the first time I have succeeded and I was not disappointed. checked in early afternoon and got an "upgrade to a suite" which was very nice as I had a balcony looking out to the sea. room old fashioned and with lots of character as expected with polished wooden floor, clean and comfy bed. fair size wall mounted tv. room had lots of original windows with shutters. bathroom with bath tub old but functional. I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the retro wooden chairs late at night with a glass of wine taking in the local flavour. surprisingly not noisy. only minus point is that reception unmanned from 7pm with a code access to get back into the property (which worked perfectly well)

Room Tip: room with balcony a real plus
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

+ cheaper than others
+ balacony
+ really nice, very clean
+ right in the center

- noise in the morning caused by garbage truck (everyday)
- pretty much no services from desk
- paid wi-fi
- overchaged parking

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I really want to like this hotel as it is in one of the oldest still-standing buildings in Lahaina Bay. But the first thing to hit you when entering the lobby is a strong dank musty odor, similar to old used gym socks. There is no elevator and one has to lug their luggage up the stairs. Parking is $15 extra and 3 blocks away. We upgraded to the "junior suite", which looks as though it has been renovated with new paint and updated bathroom fixtures. The worst of the experience is the noise. It started at 8:30pm when we returned to dinner to hear a couple down the hall screaming at each other. This was to go on again from 12:00am til 3:30am. They were periodically drowned out by the Mexican band that played until midnight. Lastly came the powered leaf blower that started in the parking lot right below our window at 5:45am on a Sunday morning! We will not return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carolynn S
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was pretty excited to stay at the Lahaina Inn when my trip was booked to Maui. Like everyone says, the location is great! I could walk just about everywhere I needed to go, including the two blocks to my car for the hotel parking. Ugh...
I arrived about 7:30 pm, not realizing the lobby closes at 7, so I called the number posted on the door and waited 20 minutes until someone could arrive to let me in. The place looks historic for sure, and cozy, and it does have a certain charm. My room was tiny. As in, tiny. Bathroom had a stand up shower, no tub, and faucet that dripped so loudly I had to shut the door to the bathroom at night because it kept me up! I mentioned something to the girl at the desk and she said, "Yeah, we keep trying to fix it, but it keeps breaking." No offer for another room or anything.
The sound of the trash trucks emptying the dumpster at 6:00 am was all the alarm I needed to get a fresh start on my day. Oh, and one night I had no hot water.

Bed was comfy, staff seemed nice and the location is great if you don't mind sleeping above Maui's nightlife. But the microscopic rooms, faulty plumbing and sticky floors will have me looking for a new place to stay next time I come to Lahaina.

Room Tip: Opt for a room that faces the main street and not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Dan D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
Aina Nalu
Aina Nalu
#23 of 32 in Lahaina
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger

Been to Lahaina Inn? Share your experiences!