We came to this hotel from Sheraton Wakikiki and could not have been more pleased. It took 30 minutes from the Kahilui Airport to the hotel in a rental car with wonderful panoramic ocean views along the way. At check-in, we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room (as a Starwood Preferred Guest Member). The rooms could use a little cosmetic upgrade, but for only needing the room at night it was ideal.
The property is located in front of Kaanapali Bay with Black Rock a short swim away. The beach is public, however it's mostly used by the hotel guests. We went after Thanksgiving and had plenty of room on the sand. Not worth renting the beach chairs, just take your hotel given towels! The hotel is surrounded by great golf courses, with a PGA one in Kapalua only 15 minutes away.
The pool area is pristine with a great lazy river that seems to go forever. The pool side bar is great for snacks and it has a daily happy hour at 3:30 - 5:00 and it's a great deal, considering that the food at the hotel can be pricey. With that said, we had a WONDERFUL wedding dinner at the hotel's main restaurant and the service from Bruce was top of the line too.
For all those foodies, I recommend you take the private tour of the kitchen which is offered every Tuesday afternoon and Chef Brian even gave us a cooking demo and let us sample local Hawaiian fruit. SUPERB ATTENTION TO DETAIL from his staff!
If you come here with day-to-day plans on being active, throw them out the window now! You'll only want to relax by the beach or pool, while taking in the laid back Hawaiian style.
Lastly, Whaler's Village (mall) is a very short walk along the beach from the Sheraton. A great place to grab some Hawaii Cookies, drinks or go shopping. Lahaina is a short 5-minute drive and there is a Safeway, Starbucks, Long's Drugs and anything else you may need is there too.
With closing if you are in Lahaina there are two place you MUST GO TO: Ululani's Shaved Ice (best in Maui, don't let anyone else fool you) and Aloha Mixed Plate (very affordable and delicious Hawaiian food). I hope these tips help you, we sure enjoyed this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina