We, family of 4 with 12 & 17 year old boys, stayed at Sheraton between 8/5 and 8/12 in the middle of Iselle and Julio storm.
This is our second stay at Sheraton and third time in Kaanapali area.
There's no question about why people should stay here -- the location. You cannot beat the proximity to black rock and whaler's village.
Also, most of issues or complaints are all legit - resort fees for stuff that you don't need, wireless internet that didn't work, the classic magazine on the lounge chair, rooms getting a little older, ... But, you can say that for many other hotels.
For us, we had another excellent stay at Sheraton since we knew what we were getting into and what we normally do at the hotel itself.
Service - Bell service was prompt and friendly. They provide first night valet included in the resort fee so we use that. Check-in took a little time but that was because they were trying to get us a better room. Cleaning service was very nice and friendly. We moved to another room after first night by our choice and that was pretty smooth. I had to call the front desk to inquire about the status but I kind of expected that.
Room - Nice, clean & comfortable and after the upgrade, spectacular view. We got upgraded to delux ocean view in building 3 (Lahaina) and it was awesome. We stayed in the same building last time and really like the convenience of being next to the self parking lot.
Food - I have no idea since we didn't eat at the hotel. Decent options at Whaler's and food is one thing we try to explore so usually don't eat at the hotel.
Pool - We don't hang out by the pool. Kind of defeats the purpose of being within few steps from one of the best beach in the world. So, we didn't have any issues with people "reserving" lounge chairs by the pool.
Beach - We rent the beach cabana when staying at the hotel for the day. It's $45 per day and well worth it because it not only protects you from the sun but the wind when it blows. Much better than umbrellas. Kids go back and forth between the beach and the pool all day. I usually grab some lunch from local joint and we have them on the beach. They don't have drink service on the beach so we usually pack our ice box with what we need. Yep, the rental ends at 5p but we're normally done for the day around 3:30 or 4p to get ready for nice dinner. One thing we did notice was that the beach is MUCH more crowded than 2 years ago.
On the day of check-out, I stop by the front desk and get the final invoice and check that over. It did have charge for pool towels but it got cleared up pretty quick (we had to return the towel from the place we checked out from).
So, for what we normally do -- beach cabana for 2 to 3 days, 2 days at kapalua bay and few excursions or hikes, this hotel fits the bill perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina