We just completed a 1 night stay here. We actually rented a condo on the beach on the South side of the island in Wailea and it was fabulous but we also enjoy Kaanapali so we booked a few nights in hotels in Kaanapali so the kids could enjoy the pools here. (Going to the beach everyday can get old when you have 2 toddlers).
We stayed 2 nights at the Westin and had such a fabulous time towards the end of our trip we wanted to spend another night so we could enjoy the area some more. The Westin was totally booked so we decided to book the Sheraton. There was plenty of availability and I'm a Platinum SPG member so I used some points. I found it a bargain to book a room with only 16,000 points.
I booked a normal room but with the Platinum status they upgraded me to an ocean view room. We got a room on the ground floor which made it really convenient as we were barely in the room and it made it easy going to the pool/beach. If you do Maui right, you will barely be in your hotel room. Just to shower/sleep.
The beds were comfortable enough and the staff was friendly. However, they really need to change their towels. They were HORRIBLE and falling apart. The beach towels they give out are 100 times better. They really should address this issue as the towels are in poor shape (at least the ones in our room).
Checking in was a breeze. We arrived early in the morning and were expecting our room wouldn't be ready but they upgraded us as mentioned. They gave us the keys and we checked in and just went to the pool. Their pool area is ok. Just a small area to play for the kids. They have a VERY tiny slide. But really this pool isn't that fun for young kids compared to the Westin that has the big water slide that our kids loved.
The grounds are really HUGE and beautiful with tons of palm trees and lots of grass. They have a fish pond around the restaurant area that is very beautiful (see photo that I took).
Like most hotels in the area, they have a daily "resort fee" which was around $30 per night. It covered the self parking as well as free Internet access with it. They also have valet parking which is free (just tip the guys).
The last day we stored our bags and enjoyed the pool and beach. We inquired if they had a guest suite that we could shower and change after using the pool. They said they don't have a hospitality suite (unlike the Westin which allowed us to use a suite to shower/change as Platinum SPG member). But they did offer the gym to shower/change after our day at the beach. They gave me a key to the fitness area but to be honest we didn't use it and just drove home.
All in all it's a nice property. It's not as convenient as the Westin location wise as it's at the end of the beach. So Whaler's Village is a longer walk. But all in all it's a fine property with friendly service. (They just need to replace their guest room towels).
If you are an SPG member it's a bargain to redeem miles and they seemed to have endless availability.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina