We loved our stay at the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa.
We are a family, two adults in their early 30s with a 2.5 year old boy. We're from Australia and were looking to escape our winter here.
I was a little bit concerned after reading mixed reviews about the Sheraton in Maui but we used SPG points to book a suite and I am so pleased that we chose the hotel. We stayed 6 nights and wish we had stayed longer.
Our checkin was probably the worst experience, we had been awake for the best part of 34 hours and wanted an early check-in (requested when we booked). Unfortunately, it wasn't provided and we were told we would be called once our room was ready, we weren't. Eventually we were able to check in after 3pm.
We were assigned room 2305 which was a junior suite with an oceanview and pool view. The suite had two large rooms (one living and one bedroom), a walk in closet, a large bathroom and a large balcony with seats, table and a lounge. The decor was pleasant and I loved the size of the room as it meant our two year old wasn't cramped, we could store our luggage and stroller in the large cupboard and the view was lovely.
I think the room may have been refurbished recently which was great.
We found the service at the hotel great. The valet service was usually quick, the cleaners were fairly thorough and room service was fine.
A few people have commented that they couldn't get pool towels but we never had an issue. The pool was great fun with our son, it never seemed crowded although it was a bit cold at times.
The beach was lovely and we didn't find it too crowded.
We ate at Teppanyaki Dan which we found great, having said that we didn't pay for it, we were provided a voucher as part of the timeshare presentation we went to (be warned, if you get a message saying you have a gift that's the timeshare invitation). We had breakfast at the restaurant twice and were quite happy with that. Most days we just ate from the Starbucks cart and had breakfast and coffee on our balcony.
We visited the gym once and it seemed very well appointed. We didn't use the spa (we were very relaxed at the hotel so we didn't seem to need a treatment).
We loved our time at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina