We loved absolutely everything about this hotel, especially the rooms. When we arrived, the only room available at our price point was one with two double beds. We spent the first night in this room and the second day we were upgraded to a king bed room on a high-level floor with an unobstructed ocean view room for a upgrade charge. The deal was still great given the amenities of the room. The room was smaller than the double bedroom but had an unobstructed view of the ocean and the beach from the room and from the balcony. The balconies are huge and a large glass sliding door opens nearly 60% to make you feel like you have a larger room connecting into the balcony. We often kept this door open to allow for the ocean breeze and the ocean sounds to enter the room. The hotel is on the best beach in Maui and is on the best corner of the best beach in Maui. It is next to Black rock which is known for its, waters, an awesome snorkeling. We saw a variety of fish, sea turtles, and at one point we saw the rare monk seal who climbed up on short to sleep on the beach. It was an amazing trip. I agree with other reviewers that the food at the hotel can be expensive. However, this is true of all the resorts on the side of the beach since it caters to tourists. The way we helped manage this was by eating at the poolside bar, walking less than five minutes to Whalers village where there is a food court and other restaurants, or driving less than five minutes to Lahaina downtown. We also made a stop at the local Safeway grocery store and stocked up on snacks for the room as well as noodles that we could heat with the hot water from the coffee maker. Most of the rooms have a refrigerator and wireless Internet. I believe only the suites have a microwave. Overall, I expected it to be expensive as it is an expensive part of the island and with that I was able to come up with a plan to save money whenever possible. The room and the staff were amazing and we would definitely stay here again. The property is quite large and thus at times it can be a long walk from your car to your room. However, I feel that this made this resort feel less crowded than other resorts that we visited while we were walking along the beach.
I will admit that the upgrade of the room made the entire experience 10 times better than the initial budget room that we signed up for. The advantage of upgrading at the hotel is that you can get the higher level room for a lower price assuming it is available. However, you run the risk that if there are no rooms available you will have to stay with your lower budget room. Despite that even this room was still nice overall. It is the best location in Kaanapali in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Starwood, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina