My wife and I had never been to Maui before this trip. My friends had recommended that I stay near Kaanapali beach and the Black Rock. I wasn't disappointed.
The room we booked was an ocean front room which was a good choice. I wouldn't want to stay at a hotel like this on a great beach and not be able to enjoy the view as much as possible. The room was clean and the staff thoroughly cleaned the room everyday of our 5 night stay. We were always well stocked with towels, bath soap, shampoo, etc. The bed was comfortable and inviting. The only disappointment was the balcony. It was very small. There was only one chair and a small table. My wife and I had to open the door and slide extra chair in the room over to sit together. We were unable to close the door with both chairs outside as it was impossible to fit them both on the small balcony. We were on the 6th floor of building 3. It appeared that the higher up floors had smaller balconies.
With Black Rock right outside our window, we always had easy access to the beach and snorkeling. We actually got to get up close and personal with the sea turtle that often visits Black Rock. It is a must do if you visit this beach.
One of the biggest drawbacks of the hotel was hidden charges. There was a resort fee of $30 per day charged at check out which I was made aware of before booking but it's something to keep in mind. Also the restaurants and shops are unusually expensive even by Maui standards. Take the time to walk to Whalers village and visit the ABC store or the other restaurants there instead. Hula Grill, CJ's Diner and Castaway Cafe all had great food, were walking distance away, better atmosphere and reasonable pricing. WiFi was free but bandwidth limited unless you wanted to pay more. Using the Link cafe to print our boarding passes almost cost me $4 per sheet until I realized that I could print black and white for free. Valet parking was free but just for the first night only. Be cautious so as not to needlessly throw your money away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splitty, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina