My fiancé and I very much enjoyed our recent week-long stay at the Sheraton Maui. We were constantly wowed by the beauty of the property and enjoyed that we could walk right up to Black Rock, one of Maui's top snorkeling spots. The rooms were spacious and clean, and even though we booked a resort-view room, we still had a great view of the ocean from our lanai. We also had delicious brunches and dinner at the hotel restaurant. The concierge helped is to book an outstanding whale watching sail.
Cost is the main reason that I give this hotel four out of five stars. We were able to afford this hotel only through a combination of SPG points and a post-Thanksgiving sale. Even after that, the $30/night resort fee is annoying, even if the other resorts also charge it. $30/person for brunch also seemed excessive, and a couple of times we walked to Whaler's Village for a cheaper alternative.
The pool is excellent compared to hotels in the rest of the world -- but in Ka'anapali, it seems par for the course, and there is too much dead space in it (e.g., no in-pool seating near the bars). That said, the pool is still huge, and the outdoor hot tub is a relaxing way to spend the evening. The barrage of calls from Starwoods representatives trying to get us to tour their properties was, frankly, irritating. The gym also could not be in a more out-of-the-way and non-scenic room -- although the equipment itself is extensive for a hotel. Finally, it would be nice to be given more than one beach towel per person at a time, and to be able to exchange them past 5:00 pm.
To be clear, we had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Maui and would definitely consider returning. The above issues are simply areas for potential improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina