New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Consistently comforatable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our third visit to the Sheraton Maui. We come back for the resort atmosphere, the excellent beach and the nice comfortable pool. We have stayed in oceanfront, and executive suites and found all comfortable and the higher end suites to be outstanding for views and features such as lanais, views and bathroom features. We have not dined in the restaurants except for breakfast which is ample and with a wide variety or choices. We really like the Black Rock location for snorkeling and a excellent protected beach expereince.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank auric08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,004)
  • Korean first
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

When we arrived at the Sheraton we were greeted by the Valet and we were told the valet parking was free the first night, so we took advantage. Although we did self parking after that as it was included in the resort fee.
We were also greeted with a shell necklace. That was a nice touch. Our room that we requested was not available but two nights later they put us in a wonderful ocean view suite. We enjoyed the grounds and thought it was nicer than the Westin because the grounds were more spacious. Loved the ceremony at sunset of the torch lighting. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. We were treated nicely and loved that everything is so conveniently located near the Resort. Even the whale-watching tour was within walking distance. We didn't eat at the resort. We found food a better value at other places.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank dbdl
Bishop, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent place for each member of our family. Clean pools and towels at all times.Friendly and helpful Personnel which it made our vacation full of Aloha. Location is excellent, We were close to great shops, restaurants and water activities. We enjoyed every single meal including our luau night.Mahalo!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestExperienceTeam, Manager at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Aloha,

We are delighted to hear you and your family had an wonderful stay at our resort. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Mahalo,
Guest Experience Team
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent experience at this resort. Upon check-in they upgraded us to an "ocean view" suite which was perfectly situated close to the pool/beach/outdoor bar as well as to the hotel restaurants and lobby. We were given complimentary boxes of chocolate, champagne, and water. If you are a Starwood member they also had a 2 for 1 breakfast buffet special for the first few days which was definitely worth it. One drawback which seems to be how most if all not all hotels conduct business is that to get beach chairs they charge $12.50 apiece and beach cabanas are $45 for the day. Chairs by the pool are complimentary. The daily $31.25 mandatory resort charge covers the WIFI and parking. The hotel is a short walk from Whaler's Village which is a big plus as you have to drive to many places in Maui. It is also right next to Black Rock so you will see a lot of snorkelers/scuba divers and of course turtles! We were even able to see whales from our location on the beach!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite (room 1101) which is on the ground floor. I would recommend this room o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank A S
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We found this to be an absolutely dreamy property.
Room: very large and spacious - we were on this trip as part of a Globus tour and the included room was very comfortable and large. Bathroom tub is kind of small and old but adequate. Looks like most rooms have fabulous views - ours had a view of the ocean. Bed was super comfy.

Food: we had the buffet breakfast included and it is a super breakfast w/many items - eggs, french toast, yoghurts, fruit, etc. The food in the rest of the resort was overpriced and not so great - we ordered fish tacos and fish skewers at the Cliff Diver Bar - food was very bland - ordered guacamole and sour cream on the side and this helped. Also - very, very overpriced! ($17 for fish skewers with no side.) I'd recommend walking the short stroll (10 mins) to Whaler's Village where there are more options and they are more reasonably priced.

Property: it is gorgeous, right on the ocean - there is a pool that meanders thru the property and is beautiful. We never had a problem finding a pool chair (travelled in Jan/Feb) or room in the pool to swim. Also, it is a short skip to the ocean so you can swim there and then find a chair by the pool if you don't like lying on the sand. It is very well laid out so you never feel crowded. You can pick up a towel at the towel stand by the pool - very convenient, although they do run out of towels by end of day.

Service: all staff we encountered were very friendly and courteous.
I'd highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iphegenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I had never been to Maui and decided to come for my birthday. I booked the room before I looked at the reviews here and got worried, but my worries were laid to rest when I got there. The grounds and property were beautiful and well kept. The staff was friendly, especially the bell desk and valet. My room was in building 3 facing the tennis courts. It did have double beds, which are not my preference, but the room was large and very adequate. It was just like every other business hotel that I have stayed in. The room was clean and the shower was excellent. This is not a luxury hotel, so if you want A grade service, then don't stay here, but don't trash it. It is what it is. The beach was amazing and not very crowded (it was raining a bit)

The only reason that I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I feel that the hotel needs better dining options on property and the double beds. The rooms are large enough to fit 2 queens and the chain should consider replacing the doubles.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Cathy H
Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your birthday trip at our resort, and appreciate your honest feedback. We will be sure to share it with our team. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Mahalo,
Guest Experience Team
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I loved our stay here. I often suggest this location to my friends. This was my second time back to Maui and my 3 hotel that I have stated at in this Whalers Village strip (shopping mall & restaurants). We booked our stay here using some points my husband travels often and is a platinum member, I believe. I have read others reviews and many speak about the lobby not being "grand"... Well, it isn't but how much time are you spending in the lobby? I don't find that truly important, but if you want or are expecting to be impressed by the lobby.... I'd lower your expectations.

We stayed in an ocean view suite on the first floor, and it was beautiful. The room was so large - would be a great stay for a family. There is a shower and a bathtub/shower, sleep sofa, and the main bedroom has pocket doors. There is a small patio as well for sunrises & sunsets. The toiletries are nice and I love that they give you aloe- always comes in handy, and is quite hard to pack. The room had a small fridge, coffee, and small counter space.

The breakfast buffet set up in the morning was more then ample. Since my husband has status we were granted cold items only at no charge, and we could upgrade to the hot items if we wanted like... waffles or omelets. We choose not to upgrade - we didn't see the reason and aren't huge breakfast ppl to begin with. The most we had to wait for a table at the breakfast buffet was about 10 minutes.

The grounds are kept up extremely well. Our maid service was excellent, no complaints there. The parking garage is easily accessible - and we didn't have many problems finding a spot.

The pool(s) are very clean and very well kept. My skin is the shade of a vampire - so I always need shade, and there wasn't any need to wake up early and scope out a spot near an umbrella. I call it umbrella wars - this hotel has ton's of space, it wasn't an issue for us. I also don't remember them being sticklers about towel cards either.

I really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family