We were let down. This was our honeymoon. Lucky we had each other! crapy service at check in, they gave us a room with two double "taco" beds, did i say this was our HONEYMOON???? and told us it would only be for one night, they put us into the room we had paid for the next night but again, disapointment, the room was grubby, the towels in the bathroom were grey instead of white and you could smell the bleach on them, glass doors and mirrors had not been cleaned which made you think what else has been done?
the resturant was average and a hefty price tag atttatched the server was overbooked and was running around trying to serve everyone but you could tell they were short staffed. i dont understand how a hotel of this size can be shorted staffed?
our room was stationed across from the cleaners room, we were so lucky each morning to be woken up by cleaners gossip, and laughter, not what i wanted to be waking up to every morning on our honeymoon!
we spent our last day there down on the beach, we hired a cabana for the day and snorkels. picked our spot on the beach, after around 1/2 an hour of lying under cover we noticed that we were getting burnt even with sunscreen on looked around at the other cabanas on the beach to find we were the only ones with a mesh cover!!!! my husband and i are blonde hair blue eyed FAIR skined and the beach attendant had given us a meshed cabana! everyone else had thick cotton drill. where is the common sence? or customer service? but sadly it got worse when we were lying there with towels and clothes draped around us the beach concierge walked passed a dozen times spoke to the couples either side of us, asking them if they needed asstisance in booking tours or resturants, but did not acknoledge us at all. This was the worst part of our entire holiday,our next stop was to the sheraton waikiki, we hoped that this would be better.
so at the end of our trip we decided never in a million years woud be waste of time and hard earned cash in a dump like the sheraton. im so angry! i had only decided to book with them as it was a big chain and had a good name, and also as an expensive treat for my husband and i, but never again! next time im on maui i will be back at the makena beach and golf resort, we were married there the week before and i wished we had just stayed there, its out of the way from all the hot spots but 100 x better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina