“A Boat That Actually Sails”
Review of Gemini Charters

Gemini Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Gemini is a 64' luxury catamaran designed to carry 75 passengers, but limit her to carry only 49, making Gemini Ka'anapali's most spacious catamaran. Gemini is also the only catamaran on Maui to have viewports in each hull to experience the whales, dolphins and amazing marine life without getting wet! We offer year round Snorkeling Adventures, seasonal Whale Watches and Sunset Sails. Discover Aloha on the Ocean!
Reviewed May 6, 2013

You may find it funny, but the best part about this "Sunset Sailing Cruise" is that this boat actually sails! Yes, that's right; they raise the sails, crank the wheels, and head out into the open sea by strictly wind power. It was by far, the best boat cruise we have taken in Maui. Now I fully understand that they do use engine power to get you back to shore and they probably use the same engine power when there is no wind, but on this day, wind conditions were perfect for sailing and we were the ONLY boat with our sails raised. If this is something you're interested in, I suggest you ask if the conditions are good for sailing. Also, the staff was great (one gal did a photo shoot for almost everybody on the boat), the food was decent, and the drinks kept coming. Great overall trip!

1  Thank mnerius
Sailing808, General Manager at Gemini Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Mahalo for your feedback!! We're so glad you enjoyed your sail & agree that our love of sailing sets us apart from our competition. Hope to sail with you again soon - thanks again!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked this snorkeling adventure last minute and it was the best of the 3 we did while in Maui - the staff was beyond friendly, very engaging and helpful, boat is perfect for this, snorkeling was awesome - my 2 kids first experience and they'll remember it forever. Loved sitting out front as we sailed - best ever. Food was wonderful - ate my fill and kept going. Worth ever cent and a generous tip for the crew.

Mahalo for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time on Gemini & agree that our crew is the absolute best! Hope to sail with you again soon...don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions www.geminicharters.com

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We took the 2 hour morning cruise and altho it was at the end of the season, Capt. Mike Burns found 3 whales which we followed. Also saw 3 whales breaching simultaneously in the distance. The crew was great, especially David who was incredibly knowledgable, nice food and drinks and the boat really handled well.

So glad you enjoyed your time on Gemini...I will pass along your comments to Captain Mike & the crew. Hope to sail with you again soon - mahalo for your feedback!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went on the Gemini with Captain Marty at the helm. My 9 year old's first real snorkelling trip! I must say that the crew was very friendly and professional. They socialized with the guests but just enough to let you enjoy your day. They give you a good safety briefing & trip expectation. They casually sailed about an hour out to a great snorkelling location. Snorkelled for nearly one hour without coming back on board which was great! Re-boarded to find lunch ready. Lunch was a buffet prepared by the Westin and it was plenty. Open bar and a cabin to use if you need a break from the sun. We found the boat large enough to not feel cramped. The boat itself seems well maintained. They have plenty of gear and floatation belts to help you stay afloat. Even though I am a competent swimmer, I used one to avoid exerting myself and enjoyed swimming along with my daughter and sea turtles.

1  Thank Mojo_6674

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time on Gemini! I will pass along your comments to Marty & the crew - mahalo for your feedback!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We really debated whether a whale watching cruise and a snorkeling trip were necessary on our trip wince we'd heard we could probably see whales on a snorkeling cruise. We decided to forgo the whale watch and just do the four hour snorkel trip which promised possible whale sightings. Gemini came through with a mother, baby and "escort?" whale sighting on our way back to port. The snorkeling was also very good - four sea turtles were on the reef at our snorkel spot and my husband and son spotted an eel. Snorkel instruction was very good and they were very patient with my young daughter (8) when she decided to change her flippers at the last minute. They also limited the size of the party so that there were plenty of seats up top and below for everyone. My kids enjoyed the plentiful mini-bagels and cream cheese served on the outbound trip along with sodas and juices. Lunch was just ok but the food was plentiful - we had a lightly battered fish, an asian barbecued chicken and fried rice along with rolls and fresh veggies. My kids weren't big fans of the food but became much happier when they came around with ginormous cookies. The captain and crew were extremely friendly and knowledgeable and it was so convenient that we walked right off Kaanapali beach onto the boat. We really couldn't have asked for a nicer experience. And we saw a whale!