5,720 results
All reviews beach tower whalers village adult pool ocean view black swan self parking heavenly bed pink flamingos breakfast buffet our honeymoon hula grill spg points koi fish abc store an umbrella free shuttle an upgrade
Reviewed January 9, 2018

The hotel is great. We enjoined big territory, nice breakfast, and the swimming pools. Especially I would like to highlight the photography the Westin has on the site - Blinnk Photography. I came to make a request for photo shoot the day before we were leaving. Everything was booked by that time but Joshua (the photographer) was very accommodating. He agreed to shoot us as early as 8am on January 1st! I really appreciated this. It was very easy and pleasant to work with him! And the pictures were ready within 4 days (the fastest service with the pictures I've ever had, typically I wait at least 4 weeks..). The pictures are great, we are keep on sharing them with our friends and family. In addition we got a video. I didn't even realize he was shooting during the photo set. It was a pleasant surprise and we just love it!
I really recommend to have a photo shoot with Joshua if you are staying at the Westin Maui. It totally worth it!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank JenyaI7
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

I love The Westin Maui. Beautiful grounds, kind and helpful staff, nice pools, decent restaurant, and great location. One restaurant is probably good for a family. The other is pricier and not as family friendly. But the good news is Whalers Village is right next door! That gives you more options very close! There are also other hotels that are a close walking distance that have other restaurants. I’d say this is one of the best things about the location of Westin Maui is the close proximity to the beautiful beach, shopping, and many dining options. Only negative was not enough chairs by pools, and the coffee stand there says they sell Starbucks coffees (lattes etc), but mine tasted NOTHING like Starbucks. (That’s a very small complaint though).

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank MomOfFiveInOregon
Reviewed January 7, 2018

Location and propery of the resort were both 5 star. Its close to front street and right on the beach. The resort itself has everythign you want in a hawiian resort. However, the place needs a complete overhaul in its staff from the top down. When being greated it was like a chore to be greated. I am a starwoods gold member and they couldnt careless. When going to the concierge for recommneditons on dinner and activites they literally pulled up opentable and tripadvisor and was asking us if we liked any options. It is 2018 we all have iphones and can do this ourselves. Good luck getting a seat by the pool as they allow guests to wake up early and put towels down to claim them. You have to fight for a seat every morning. We decieded to go on the beach to not deal with this mess. Little did we know we had to wait on a line for 20 min to pay $60 for a beach chair. I was ok with the money until after paying i found out i had to wait on another line for an hour to get my chair. The staff was little to no help in resolving this issue. There were customers everywhere screaming and complaining abou this. I finally did it myself and demanded a refund which they did give. There are so many places in Maui to stay and i would suggest staying at another one.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
WestinMauiAmbassador, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Aloha Mike,
Thank you for your continued loyalty as our valued SPG Gold Guest. We greatly appreciate the time you had taken to address your concerns and would like to assure you that it was never our goal to deliver anything less than a stay that not only met but exceeded your expectations. We will most certainly use your feedback for further improvement in delivering impeccable services and hope you will consider us the next time your travels bring you back to Maui to allow us to create a distinctive experience. Warmest Aloha!

Reviewed January 6, 2018

I really like the Westin. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing. They have four pools, including one for adults only which is nice. The on site restaurants are great as is the breakfast buffet, if you choose to purchase it. If not, room service is good and there is a Starbuck's on the grounds for your daily caffeine requirements.
They got knocked down on stars for two reasons. One....they need to beef up their housekeeping staff. Our room (once we actually GOT housekeeping services) wasn't made up until after 4pm, even though we were normally out all day each day. Just when we were ready to shower and change for dinner, we had housekeeping. But we had no housekeeping at all for the first two days. Efforts to get those services were fruitless when we went through the folks at the front desk. We only finally got our room made up and the amenities we were paying for when we spoke directly with housekeeping staff. And two....they need more elevators for the number of guests the hotel holds.
Even in light of that, I would stay there again. The location is nice as well as convenient. You can walk to Whaler's Village. The rooms are also nice, but they have the smallest bathrooms I've ever seen in a hotel. There is very little counter space available. But the shower heads provide the nicest shower I've had in a long time and the water pressure is phenomenal. The showers were a real treat. And the Westin is very family friendly.

Room Tip: You can have ocean or mountain views. Both provide balconies, tropical breezes and a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family

Aloha Valerie,
We are delighted that you enjoyed the resort’s spectacular surroundings and idyllic setting on legendary Ka’anapali Beach during your recent Maui getaway. The incidents you had mentioned are certainly not reflective of the resort’s exemplary standards of service. Please be assured that your concerns will be addressed most appropriately by our management team. We look forward to your return and pampering you with lots of Aloha. Stay well.

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

We checked into the Westin Maui around 230pm, rooms were not ready so we went exploring around the resort. The hotel is an older hotel but the grounds are well kept and the lobby and pool area are very nice. Lots to do with 4 or 5 pools and a waterside for the kids. The pool area is incredible and the grounds well kept. The beach is nice and was swimable when we were there. The whalers village mall with a number of restaurants is a short 5 min walk. Lots to do at this resort and within walking distance. But don't forget to go to the pier and downtown area with lots of shops, restaurants and bars.

We were here 23 years ago for our honeymoon. We mentioned this to the staff member when we checked in and they sent a bottle of champagne to our room. They also sent one for New Years Eve, thank you.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Only thing we didn't like we're the beds and the pillows. The bed had a slope in the mattress on the right side and was uncomfortable. Other than that we had a good time.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family