Friendly check in with a shell necklace presented as a greeting
Late check out granted if you have a late flight, must ask front desk the morning of check out, if the same room will not be occupied that day
Ate at Relish twice, once for dinner(very good)and for breakfast. The breakfast buffet is 28 dollars per person, but is plentiful, and tasty.
The grounds are well taken care of, with flamingos and various tropical birds. This is a family oriented hotel with many many children, but the adult only pool was respected
Stayed in Ocean view room 453, right across the elevators, not recommended as you hear the elevators run all night long. More bothersome are the paper thin walls in which we could hear the neighbors television clearly and most conversations, as well as phone calls. Rooms are small but good enough for two people, most people are not in the room all day, when you have the outside beauty to enjoy. Rooms have a balcony and two chairs as well. Front desk offers you higher floors with a "better ocean view for 35 dollars more a day." There is a 30 dollar resort fee added daily, which included wifi, etc. wifi was fast on the IPad, but not so much on the cell
Occasion: Anniversary, a bottle of wine was given complimentary, but when I called for a corkscrew, hours later, never got it, until we ran into a waiter in the elevator who was glad to help and deliver one outside the door. So 3pm became 8pm, with not so chilled wine. Oh we'll, there are worse scenarios
Parking: no vehicle used..there is a free shuttle to take you to Lahaina as often as you need and to sister hotels(Sheraton and Westin Villas)The outside porters will call a cab quickly, airport cost around 85 dollars. We used a tour group to Hana, which was good due to winding roads
Beach umbrellas: one umbrella 25 dollars..each chair 10 dollars...cabanas are 75 dollars but can not be laid out on the beach
The Whalers Village is next door offering a food court and a few restaurants(favorite was Barefoot Bar. **See their website for all included
Overall: complaining about high prices around the island will make your stay less enjoyable, have fun, enjoy the beauty of Maui, as there are ways to be resourceful
Luaus..Westin has one, we did not attend...Attended: Feast At Lele (fantastic!)
Would stay again at the Westin, but not near the elevators!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina