After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I was nervous about the quality of this resort. We had an ocean view room that was newly remodeled. Ocean view is anything 7 floors and higher. We had considered upgrading to ocean front but did not as the ocean view was stunning. The balcony opens up to the indoor atrium with ocean views beyond. Another review mentioned how loud the atrium can be. It is loud with hundreds of birds singing at times. We enjoyed the birds as the noise is not constant and can be silenced by shutting the balcony doors.
The food everywhere is very expensive but quite good. At least 5 restaurants are within walking distance. Our favorites were lelianas on the beach (not exact spelling but close). Upstairs is formal and downstairs features a more casual menu...both delicious.
Relish has a small menu but good food. Tuna and hamburgers were the crowd favorite.
The pool are crowded and full of kids. If that is not your idea of vacation (and it isn't mine) an adult pool is also available and offers a quiet alternative.
It is well worth the 50 dollars to rent a cabana shell for two. The shells face the ocean and offer wait side service. Hint...After 12n the price drops.
Humpback whales jump out of the ocean Dec-April. Theses chairs are the closest lounge chairs the resort offers. Spend a day watching the ocean for these amazing creatures.
The spa is nice but not exceptional. The lounge room offers a beautiful ocean view but the actual facility features a small sauna/steamroom/hot tub.
Loved this resort and would come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina