“Best Business Trip Ever”

Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Columbus, Ohio
“Best Business Trip Ever”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Full Disclosure here: I was at a company function celebrating a blow-out, 100-year anniversary so none of this trip was paid for out of my own pocket. With that being said, I don’t think I could have asked for a better first-trip to Hawaii. Rooms were beautiful, comfortable and clean. We had a great view of the mountains and the golf course. We were within walking distance of some of the best seafood and most scenic golf I’ve had the pleasure to experience. The hotel staff was courteous, and very patient considering there were over 200 of us and an open bar for four days. Any meal we had at the resort was top notch. The beach got a little windy but other than that was perfect. I really can’t say enough nice things about this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,331)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
North Port, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I just returned from 8 nights at this hotel. I am used to staying at condos but this was a great change. I would definitely return here. They were so accommodating with my room. Jason at the front desk helped me out greatly after a long 23 hour day of traveling,hats off to you Jason. I have to say this was one of the best mattresses I have slept on.
I also loved, I think her name was Ellie making the omelets most mornings. She was such a pleasant person with a beautiful smile and so friendly. This was one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever enjoyed, it all was so fresh and tasty. We had an ocean front room and everything was so neat and clean. All the hotel staff were just so nice and helpful. It's a great location right on the beach and next to all the great restaurants along Ka'anapali beach. I loved, loved this hotel.

Room Tip: You really need to select ocean front if you want a good view of the beach. I ordered "deluxe&q...
2 Thank FloridaDonna
Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family stayed at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa from Dec. 15-25 - our 3rd visit to this property since 2007. It is in the middle of Ka'anapali Beach in west Maui, next to Whaler's Village, so you can't go wrong with the location. Hotel was decorated nicely for Christmas and the waterfalls + fish/bird sanctuary in the lobby really sets the tone for a lovely holiday.

Rooms: We split our time between the 5th floor of the Beach tower (ocean front view) and the 11th (top) floor of the newly renovated Ocean tower - we moved because a Starwood suite upgrade I had applied for weeks before travelling was granted. The newly renovated rooms are well-appointed and comfortable; the balconies are very small but with beautiful unobstructed views through new glass panels. The lowest three guest floors of the Ocean tower remain under construction 7 days / wk from 9 - 5 and noise (jackhammering, etc.) is audible at the elevated adult pool / bar area. You cannot hear this noise at any of the other 4 pools due to background noise of waterfalls, ocean, music and people / excited children. Older Beach tower rooms really need a make-over; most obviously the carpets and furniture. Nonetheless we were very comfortable and appreciated larger balconies and excellent view.

Services/Staff: The housekeeping service was terrific in both towers - the ladies work very hard and are accommodating. We ate breakfast daily in the open-air Relish Bistro and consistently had friendly, prompt service. Only recommendation is that the buffet offerings be changed up - same food choices every day and identical to that from our last visit 3 years ago! I found front desk staff to be courteous on the 4 occasions we interacted - my only complaint is that I was not notified by the staff of my suite upgrade until a day after it had been granted - even though we specifically spoke about my room due to a key issue after it was granted. Consequently, we missed out on one night in the newly upgraded Ocean Tower suite. The Heavenly Spa is clean and relaxing and staff were professional; the services are very expensive but we expected this at a resort. The valet gents were friendly and they parked our car 2 or 3 times when the lot was full for no charge (# spaces reduced due to construction). As for other recommendations - keep the bar open at the adult pool past 6 pm and pumpt in some music! Also, build a new or larger hot tub - the current one can hold 8 jammed in tight.

Conclusion: Our lower-than-usual expectations before travelling, due to TripAdvisor and hotel website reviews, were exceeded. We had a really good vacation at the Westin and will likely return again.

Room Tip: In making your reservations for travel in next 3 months, request Ocean Tower floors 6 or higher and...
6 Thank Danny B
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I loved everything about westin. We stayed here for 6 nights. We got an upgrade to full ocean view room. The room was amazing! The best place I ever stayed. It was on the 11th floor and view was stupendous. The room was new and very elegant. Standing shower, balconies with glass rims to spice up glam the view, excellent room service, beautiful swimming pools, the chirping of few birds that you can hear all day/night long, the noise of the ocean were too mesmerizing. I think I have a very high standard set now that no other resort is going to be so likable. All stars for this resort!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SooTropical
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 24, 2013

After 11 hours of flying, a 45 min ride to get here.....check in was not very smooth...we requested a higher floor so had to give up a king bed for 2 full...not happy!!
However, our 7th floor oceanfront view (room #789) was awesome! We saw numerous whales, spinner dolphins, and even a shark! Cannot imagine a better view! The location is wonderful, with Whalers Village shopping center next door! Also have a great hotel bus to excellent shopping in Lahaina. The grounds and beach are great too...BUT...the room was rather worn, the service poor (no washcloths for 2 days, room not made till very late! no shampoo refills etc. Choose this hotel for the views NOT for service or comfort. If you don't mind worn out carpeting
Or terrible furniture this will be okay. The desk chair had worn out padding so it hurt to sit on, the reading chair had no lighting available, but there were enough places to plug in chargers. In the rooms favor, it was quiet and peaceful. We are hopeful that management will take note of this and move toward better service as we would consider a return visit.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room is worth the upgrade for the view! Higher floor, better view. Be aware this hotel ha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jan H
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We received a recently renovated room on the island side and it was very good. There is some minor noise between 8am and 5pm, but we were headed to the beach at 8 so we didn't care. Service, in general, gets a B grade. Food options at the resort a C. Good news though, there are many great and more affordable restaurants located next door in Whalers Village.

The pool and beach areas were great. Hotel provides beach chairs and umbrellas for a reasonable rate for use all day. We would definitely go back and recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Okie86
Englewood cli
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights second week of December. The grounds and landscaping is gorgeous. Pink flamingoes, black swan, beautiful koi pond, parrots, very nice and clean pool with a cool water slide and best of all the most gorgeous beach right outside of it. There is also a mall right next door. There were construction but it didn't effect us since we were in another building. We had a suit with 4 balconies over looking the beach on one side and mountain and pool on the other side. The only reason for 4 stars is the breakfast at their RELISH restaurant. There is a hot or cold option. We had cold breakfast which we were very disappointed with. Overpriced with very few choices. To upgrade to hot buffet, you have to pay another $15 per person. I think $30 for breakfast is not reasonable at all. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.

2 Thank Arezu M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa

Been to Westin Maui Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!