WOW - what a disappointment the Westin was this time. I stayed here about 10 years ago for a week and it was so great! This time, we were here for just one night and it was such a bummer - the Westin has really gone downhill.
I used Starwood points for the stay and we were "upgraded" to an "ocean view" room on the second floor. Our "upgraded" room (#270) was directly next to the elevator, with our bed on the wall adjacent to the elevator. It was so loud and the elevator ran all night, so needless to say we didn't get any sleep. Our "ocean view" was of the roof and a slight view of the ocean.
The lanai was filthy as was the room. We had to wear shoes in the bathroom because the tile was disgusting. The tub has a gross grime on it that could have easily been scrubbed clean. There were dead cockroaches in the room by the sliding door to the lanai. All of the surfaces of the furniture were so dirty - the room looked like it had not been cleaned in some time. The lock on our room door was broken so all someone would have to do was push the door open to enter the room (no key necessary!). I really could go on and on about how bad the room was.
We called down the next morning for a late check out and they gave us until 2:00 pm. Then at noon someone from the front desk called us wanting to know what time we were leaving as supposedly the next guest was already waiting for the room. When I explained that we were given a late checkout, the front desk demanded to know who I spoke with to get it (and it was of course someone there at the front desk).
We had the breakfast buffet, which was so-so and left a lot to be desired, especially at $30 per person.
When we checked out and the front desk person asked how our stay was, I told him about our experience and he replied, "yes, well we are in the process of renovations right now..."
It was almost unbearable for just one night - I can't imagine if we were staying any longer than that. And to think that people actually pay for these rooms! There are so many better options in Maui now. I was hoping to return to the Westin next year with family but there is no way I will ever stay here again. They've definitely lost a customer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina