The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
$639
$420
$407
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$285
$459
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
5,491 results
All reviewsbeach towerwhalers villageadult poolblack swanocean viewself parkingheavenly bedpink flamingosbreakfast buffetour honeymoonhula grillspg pointskoi fishan umbrellaabc storekaanapali beachfree shuttle
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin on previous occasions and as before had a very relaxing stay.
Check in (&check out) was quick but the assistant who attended to me was marginally irritable for no reason or any rudeness on my part. Others in our group (of 9 seniors) felt the same. She must have been having a bad day. At other times I found the reservation & concierge desks quite obliging.
The location is great with Whalers’ Village, a shopping mall with many restaurants, being adjacent to the hotel. For more shopping, eating & entertainment venues, Lahaina Town is a couple of miles south. The Westin provides a free shuttle to Lahaina for hotel guests which services the Westin & Sheraton Hotels & the Westin Condos .
The hotel grounds are good. There are a number of pools including an adults only pool, all set in a tropical ‘rocky’ setting. There are a number of sheltering umbrellas but those lounges with umbrellas are occupied quite early in the day. The surroundings are very relaxing particularly the adult area. The Resort is virtually on the beach and there are many activities available. We were not bothered by children.
We were a group of 9 (senior) people staying in various levels of accommodation. One couple was unhappy that their Deluxe Ocean View room looked over the roofs of Whalers Village adjacent to the hotel; another couple was given a Deluxe room next to the lift. However the hotel swapped one of the rooms the same day and the other room was changed the following day. Our Deluxe Ocean View room was very spacious. It was clean, well equipped and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable – a Westin/Sheraton signature point. However, like everything in Maui it came at a price.
The hotel gym had a comprehensive though not exhaustive range of equipment to cater for resistance & cardio training. I found that I was able to maintain my exercise program quite easily by substituting the machines I am used to with alternatives available.
The hotel has a number of restaurants and a snack bar serving Starbucks coffee and other snacks including cereal in the morning. We dined at Relish. The food was quite good. Unfortunately the server wasn’t . She split a drink over the area where I was sitting though fortunately I was not in the seat at the time. When I returned a minute later the server replaced the drink but was in no hurry to clean up the mess, apologize or attempt to swab my bag to stop it from staining. I had to go to the bar and ask for water and a flannel to clean it and request her to return to the table to clean up the mess which she did with absorbent paper towels leaving me with a wet sticky seat; I had to ask her to bring water and toweling to properly clean up the sugary mess. It took a good half an hour for her to apologize;. she offered me a complimentary dink and offered to make good any damage to the bag. AWEFUL service and certainly not in keeping with the Westin Image.
We had breakfast included in the tariff. It was very good value in consideration of the extra charge ($10 for 2).
Overall, a most enjoyable stay and I would stay there again though it is not the most cost effective accommodation in the area.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Ocean view rooms (40sqm) are a comfortable size but not inexpensive. We had a pool facing room on the 4th floor and were totally undisturbed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed there for a week, and absolutely enjoyed every minute!
The room was very big and extremely clean, and i was very happy with the service. At the time of our departure they even sent up porters to take our luggage!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my family's second time to this property and we have loved it each time. The staff is great and very helpful. They have always been responsive and timely. They go out of their way to recognize SPG status, but not to the point of putting those who are not at higher levels off. The food is fantastic and again service levels all around what you should expect from a Westin.

Room Tip: Beach tower is fully open. The Ocean tower is still under renovations but I was told they have 3 crews working and it should be completed by March.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It resort was beautiful ... maybe I am biased cause it was my first time in Hawaii and everything was beautiful to me (haha) The front desk agent that checked us in was ok ... I think he was confused more about what he was doing or how to check us in. No matter, I tried to assist him the best I can with the information he needed (I work in Hotels) we got an upgrade to an ocean view and champagne in the room because it was our anniversary, no complaints about the room or its amenities at all!

All in all it’s a great place to stay and had so much fun!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay in Maui last week to celebrate our Anniversary -- that is up until we ended our trip with a stay at the Westin. We spent 6 perfect days and nights in Wailea and then had an extra day and night that we chose to spend in the Kaanapali area at the Westin Resort and Spa. Our stay at the Westin was far from perfect and very disappointing.

When we checked into the Westin we were warned that there was major construction being done to renovate the hotel's rooms (of course this was obvious from the moment we pulled up to the hotel). We were given one of the newly renovated rooms -- 1049 -- and according to a note in the room we were the first to use this room since it had been renovated. Our problems started when the front desk failed to give us the correct room keys -- they gave us the old type of room keys that swipe at the door as opposed to the completely different new room keys which do not swipe. We had to wait nearly 20 minutes to get the new room key. We could have easily overlooked this inconvenience if it ended there. Unfortunately it did not.

We spent the afternoon at the pool and then went up to our room to clean up before we were scheduled to go to the hotel's luau. At that time we discovered that the room's shower was not working - absolutely no water. After two calls to the front desk, a hotel engineer came to the room to check things out. He could not fix the shower and called his manager, who also could not fix the shower. After nearly 2 hours of this we had to go to the luau without cleaning up. After the luau we went to the front desk to see what our options were. They gave us a room on another floor - a floor largely under construction -- to use for taking a shower. We used that room the next morning and were going to use it again before checking out. However, when we returned to that room, it was in the process of being gutted for renovation. Our personal belongings had been removed and were thrown in a garbage bag (including my laptop). Fortunately we were able to track down our things, but we could not use that room for a shower. Instead, we were sent to a third room to shower in (a room that was in the process of being gutted).

Before leaving we asked to speak to hotel management about our stay. Most importantly, we wanted to make sure the hotel did not book anyone else into 1049 until the shower was fixed because each time we talked to people at the front desk they seemed unaware of the situation with our shower. The most disappointing part of the experience is that we were told the managers were busy and that they would call us. Of course we have not received a call from the hotel managers or anyone else. I frequently stay at Westins and other Starwoods properties and this latest experience will unfortunately make me think twice about my future travel arrangements.

On the bright side, our stay at the Westin made us ready to head home.

Room Tip: Avoid until the construction is over and the kinks in the new rooms are resolved.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Keith_720
WestinMauiAmbassador, Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Keith_720,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback. We are extremely disappointed to read about your experience. Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconveniences that occurred.

We sincerely empathize with your situation and would be grateful for the opportunity to personally connect with you. We have sent you a private message requesting for your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Again, we apologize for being unable to create an outstanding Anniversary experience for you.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to hearing from you. Mahalo.