We have stayed at the Westin on previous occasions and as before had a very relaxing stay.
Check in (&check out) was quick but the assistant who attended to me was marginally irritable for no reason or any rudeness on my part. Others in our group (of 9 seniors) felt the same. She must have been having a bad day. At other times I found the reservation & concierge desks quite obliging.
The location is great with Whalers’ Village, a shopping mall with many restaurants, being adjacent to the hotel. For more shopping, eating & entertainment venues, Lahaina Town is a couple of miles south. The Westin provides a free shuttle to Lahaina for hotel guests which services the Westin & Sheraton Hotels & the Westin Condos .
The hotel grounds are good. There are a number of pools including an adults only pool, all set in a tropical ‘rocky’ setting. There are a number of sheltering umbrellas but those lounges with umbrellas are occupied quite early in the day. The surroundings are very relaxing particularly the adult area. The Resort is virtually on the beach and there are many activities available. We were not bothered by children.
We were a group of 9 (senior) people staying in various levels of accommodation. One couple was unhappy that their Deluxe Ocean View room looked over the roofs of Whalers Village adjacent to the hotel; another couple was given a Deluxe room next to the lift. However the hotel swapped one of the rooms the same day and the other room was changed the following day. Our Deluxe Ocean View room was very spacious. It was clean, well equipped and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable – a Westin/Sheraton signature point. However, like everything in Maui it came at a price.
The hotel gym had a comprehensive though not exhaustive range of equipment to cater for resistance & cardio training. I found that I was able to maintain my exercise program quite easily by substituting the machines I am used to with alternatives available.
The hotel has a number of restaurants and a snack bar serving Starbucks coffee and other snacks including cereal in the morning. We dined at Relish. The food was quite good. Unfortunately the server wasn’t . She split a drink over the area where I was sitting though fortunately I was not in the seat at the time. When I returned a minute later the server replaced the drink but was in no hurry to clean up the mess, apologize or attempt to swab my bag to stop it from staining. I had to go to the bar and ask for water and a flannel to clean it and request her to return to the table to clean up the mess which she did with absorbent paper towels leaving me with a wet sticky seat; I had to ask her to bring water and toweling to properly clean up the sugary mess. It took a good half an hour for her to apologize;. she offered me a complimentary dink and offered to make good any damage to the bag. AWEFUL service and certainly not in keeping with the Westin Image.
We had breakfast included in the tariff. It was very good value in consideration of the extra charge ($10 for 2).
Overall, a most enjoyable stay and I would stay there again though it is not the most cost effective accommodation in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina