My family and I stayed at the Westin Maui for one night. I was treating my family to a staycation as we live on Maui. Although I only stayed one night I experienced a number of issues that will forever change my opinion of this hotel.
1. My wife and my two girls (5 & 9) went to get towels. We had a total of 9 pool cards which were given to us by the front desk. My girls each like two towels and they were getting towels for me as well. When she presented the towel cards to the attendant the attendant remarked "9 towels...are you staying here...what room are you in...what's your last name." All of these are valid questions which we answered politely even though they were not asked with the same respect. Upon apparently passing the interrogation the attendant then said "I am not giving you 9 towels...no way, we do not have enough" (all this said with a stack of 150 towels directly behind her). So we commented on the very large stack of towels directly behind her and her reply was "those are for the other guests". Upon completion of this conversation the attendant said "I will give you six towels, no more."
2. It was 3:20 and we went to the coffee kiosk, the sign said it closed at 3:30. When we asked if we could get a coffee the employee said "no I am closed" and turned her back and did not turn around until we walked away.
My family and I were walking on the beach walk in front of the Westin looking at the ocean. Some grounds keepers were mowing and weed eating right along the edge of the beach walk. We waited for sometime and waited to get eye contact with the gentlemen weed eating, he looked directly at us so we starting walking to get past him. He proceeded to start weed eating again not more that 2 feet from us, his weed eater hit a rock that was thrown directly into my daughters leg resulting in her crying etc. None of the three grounds keepers acknowledged what happened or even just said sorry.
When we walked into our room the bathroom was full of dirty water (I imagine from the maids cleaning the room prior to our arrival). There was a bloody band aid on our lanai and used dental floss laying in the middle of the room.
Now I want to make it clear, I do not want to complain but we only stayed for one night for a fun weekend with my family and experienced all these things in a 24 hour time frame. Since we do live on Maui we have many hotel options to do this and you can be sure that the Westin will not be on my list for a recommendation for friends and family or for another staycation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina